Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1429b (resized).jpg
1429a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BarryMulvihill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

heyo. so i just recently acquired this wonderful sheriff game. all "seems" (LOL im sure ill find more problems) to be in pretty much working order. the glaring issue is that when i play a one player game, the score alternates between the first and fourth player score wheels. aka first ball, first player score wheel, second ball fourth player scorewheel, third ball first player scorewheel...etc.

this is my first Gotlieb game, i have only learned the innerworkings of Williams games so far. My hunch is that its a wonky stepper unit of some kind, but wanted to throw this problem out to you all, as you know more than me

any hints are appreciated. game on yall.
-barry m.

#3 7 years ago

thank you dr of_style. ill report back.

#5 7 years ago

rolf, i am about to investigate ball count unit/ player unit, but to answer your question, "When faulty the counters of player-3 get the points: How are the Lights on the Backbox ?" its player 4 not 3, but when "player 4" is lit up in backbox "player 4" gets points, and when "player 1" is lit "player 1" gets points. i appreciate the info from you and dr_of_style. i think you both have lead me in the right direction. i will report all findings.
-barry m.

#7 7 years ago

thank you frb. i cleaned stepper tonite but didnt help. good to know switch stack behind is part of the mystery.

#12 7 years ago

FRB thank you for the insight. i am about to check the switch stacks behind the stepper. an update from last night i should note is after cleaning stepper, it seems that instead of jumping from player 1 to player 4 with each ball, it is now just moving from player 1-4 with each ball. aka ball 1 player 1, ball 2 player 2....etc.

i really appreciate the help. i will tell all found/learned today.

#13 7 years ago

also, unrelated, all day, everyday, at work all i can think of is what im gonna fix that night in my garage. wish i could do this full time lol. my pregnant wife probably wishes id just watch netflix with her tho lol.

#14 7 years ago

also thank you rolf, i always have to read your posts three times before they start to make any sense lol, theyre so in depth. i am not very familiar yet with reading schematics. you are a great asset to me and this community.

#17 7 years ago

update: i adjusted one switch behind player relay that looked off, and now at start "TILT" kicks in. no play whatsoever. i can readjust switch back to how i found it, but i find it weird those two would be connected... oh the fun.

#18 7 years ago

i found the faulty tilt thing, it was way too floppy. now it goes from player 1 to player 3 ball to ball. gonna look at the score motor now FRB...

#20 7 years ago

well after a nights work, a switch alterted behind player step relay and a switch altered in the score relay, now it starts in player 2 and plays a two ball game. second ball is scored by third player. it def seems to be an issue with ball count and player step unit. i will continue tomorrow. thank you all again for the insight.

#21 7 years ago

i rechecked and fixed all switches in the stacks behind stepper unit, and also switches in score unit. thank you frb, rolf, and dr of style. there are still issues, i think with bonus stepper, but this problems solved yall. you guys are great

#22 7 years ago

there was a missing plastic spacer piece that spreads a switch behind stepper. that was probably the culprit. not having another piece of plastic, i bend the long end of switch to act as the spacer. i think that solved it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BarryMulvihill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-sheriff-scoring-issue?tu=BarryMulvihill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.