7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jeffoto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey everyone!
Just writing to get some advice on a machine I bought for my dad. The problem is that the Man on 2nd interlock relay is not consistently engaging or disengaging. I've cleaned it many times and adjusted the springs and metal tongues holding the metal plates that move, but upon watching the relay in action, it seems like there is just too slight of a pulse of electricity passing through during a single, double, or triple rollover activation that it often does not move enough to open and close properly. Is there something else I should be focusing on? The stepper unit has been cleaned but I wonder if the problem lies in the scoring motor that is sending the pulses? This issue is making for some very unfair tournaments where man on second stays lit when it shouldn't and off when it should.
Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

Wouldn't that make them stick further? I always pictured them rubbing against each other at the ends. So the piece of tape would be covering at the edges? Very odd, but I could see that as a possibility with how often they move back and forth across each other. How much of a gap should there be between the plate and each solenoid? I saw that there is a way to adjust them.

On another note... one thing that also has me stumped is the match feature. It is lit through the entire game! Where would I look (again) to see what is contacting throughout the game when it should be open? I looked at the game over relay a few times but couldn't pinpoint the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-gottlieb-playball-problems?tu=jeffoto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.