2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by carniello
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

disk (resized).jpg
    For 2 (resized).jpg
    For 3 (resized).jpg
    For 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Ok, I just repaired this game for a customer that sat for years. My question is: when the planes stop and the tanks on on ground start to appear,
    the planes are sometime visible and you can still shoot them down. Is this normal for this game?

#2 2 years ago

Nice game!
    I've had one about 10 years ago.
    As far as I remember, the plane should not stop on the middle of the scene and be visible. I could only shoot it down when it was moving.
    Is your game equiped with the 2 shakers (one per gun) ?
    The game I used to have :

For 1 (resized).jpgFor 1 (resized).jpgFor 2 (resized).jpgFor 2 (resized).jpgFor 3 (resized).jpgFor 3 (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

Hi BallyCrazy! As you can see in the video, about 3/4 through, if you shoot the last plane before the tanks too early, it stays visible.
    Its either suppose to turn off the black light (that makes the planes visible) or put up that shutter that will block the planes.

I do not have schematics, but traced that shutter wire and it looks like it only engages when the plane is hit.

Thanks for responding...

John www.pinballmemories.com

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from carniello:

Hi BallyCrazy! As you can see in the video, about 3/4 through, if you shoot the last plane before the tanks too early, it stays visible.
    Its either suppose to turn off the black light (that makes the planes visible) or put up that shutter that will block the planes.
    I do not have schematics, but traced that shutter wire and it looks like it only engages when the plane is hit.
    Thanks for responding...
    John www.pinballmemories.com

So the mech is a spinning motor with a stick and a plane attached at each end. If i remember correctly, this is a spinning motor that engages due to the contacts on the assembly making. However the motor doesn't have a brake and sometimes will carry over its momentum to engage the motor for another revolution. A couple things I am noticing is that the plane assembly doesn't really stop on your game. When the assembly stops, its supposed to be at a position where you cant see either plane. The swiper contacts are arranged that way. When it falls, the motor is supposed to return to the "hidden position", but you can still barely see the planes. I may have a schematic available. I know I have a manual or 2 for this game

#5 2 years ago

Hi Gundam Pilot!

The planes do stop moving once the targets on the ground appear. But the planes do not stop in correct position where the cannot be seen. It depends on when they are shot down. I need to see the section of schematics that controls the "motor for the planes". There has got to be some seal-in circuit that makes the planes rotate to the position that they cannot be seen when the ground targets come up.

If you could post a section of that circuit, that would be great!

John

1 week later
    #6 2 years ago

schematics here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ttKkJecJOUKfR_XHTlcSjGVTucjN3-wa/view?usp=sharing
    Repaired, no continuity between center post and wipers....

disk (resized).jpgdisk (resized).jpg
    #7 2 years ago

assy was rusted on...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-chicago-coin-foreign-legion-question-about-planes?hl=ballycrazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.