You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181223_122523 (resized).jpg
20181223_122531 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi,
We had a big party and the machine got constant use, died before the party did though.

I solved the majority of the problems but am left baffled by the 2 remaining issues. Can someone help play devils advocate and teacher?

1. there are 2 "shoot the cat" high point areas. They should reward 5000 and 3000 points (or only 300 if increase value is ot hit). This means turning the 4th number in the score 3 or 5 times. Somehow it is turning the 3rd number and 4th number 3 or 5 times. Free points, not a huge issue but would like help in learning!

2. Top left bumper is dead. I get power to the switch, but power is not detected at the solinoid when the switch is triggered. Looking for questions I have not already asked to help troubleshoot.

20181223_122523 (resized).jpg20181223_122523 (resized).jpg20181223_122531 (resized).jpg20181223_122531 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Do you have schematics?

Quoted from Governor:

2. Top left bumper is dead. I get power to the switch, but power is not detected at the solinoid when the switch is triggered.

With no schematics to go on I'd suggest comparing the bumper to the working ones and trying to track down any anomaly that way.

#3 5 years ago

Hi Josh, welcome to pinside.

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#4 5 years ago

Problem 1: look for an “alternating relay “ probably on the bottom of the play field. Sounds like a contact is out of adjustment and scores both 100 and 1000.
Problem 2: find pop bumper relay also on bottom of play field and check contact adjustments.

That’s where I would start.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-bally-trail-drive-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.