• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Add player schematic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JRC6000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I've been shopping a Gottlieb Super Soccer. At this point I feel like I have it at 90-95%. My only remaining issue is when playing multi-players. The machine will skip balls for players at random. For example, if playing 2 players, Player 1 will work fine (and always does) but sometimes plays player 2 normally, other times just skips to the second ball for Player 1. The next time it'll give Player 2 a ball as normal. Same thing happens with 3 or 4 players. Sometimes the other players get a ball, sometimes they are skipped. I'm trying to figure out what causes the machine to decided to move to the next player at the beginning of the ball versus moving back to player 1.

I really thought it was the "add player unit" part of the schematic between the "P" and "ZB" relays. I've checked and double checked all of these, and even looked over the player unit and don't see anything amiss. Again, it doesn't happen every time, but seems to happen at random. So that leads me to believe that one of the connections is dirty or not quite adjusted right and only makes contact sometimes. Am I on the right track? Any idea which connection might be the culprit? Thanks, as always for any assistance you can give.

Add player schematic (resized).jpgAdd player schematic (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

Thanks so much, I checked that contact on the score motor and it is separated as it should be. I even widened it just a little to be sure and still getting the problem.

When I just tried it out after this small adjustment, I got the following on a 2 player game, (3 ball mode)

P1B1, P1B2, P1B3, P2B3...game over

This happened two times in a row. I'll have to through a few more to see if this is consistent or just happens to be the same twice.

Any other possibilities?

#4 2 years ago

I messed around with it a little more and can confirm that the pattern isn't consistent.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

I'm circling back to mark this complete. Thanks for all the suggestions. I cleaned and readjusted all of the places mentioned above. I noticed that the PB2, PB3, and PB4 were not separating real well so adjusted them out a little. Not sure if those were actually the culprit or not, but it did seem to get better after that adjustment. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JRC6000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1970s-gottlieb-skipping-players?tu=JRC6000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.