(Topic ID: 93884)

1970 Williams Rock N Roll EM Opinion

By J_Cutler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J_Cutler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Have a chance to buy this. Been shopped out and looks great, Back glass & playfield very good. New rubbers, playfield cleaned and waxed. Due to surgery hasn't been able to finish it. Only issue. The 2 kick outs are not working. Price... $350.00 Good deal for this EM? Would only be my second pin so not much experience in all this.

Jack

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Crazy for the reply. Opinions are what I'm looking for. I have room for 7 - 8 pins. Been looking for an inexpensive EM is all. Something to learn on as far as repairs go and enjoy to play also. Also have a chance at a 1970 Gottlieb Jumping Jack, that works but rubbers are shot and needs to be completely shopped for 300.00 which I thought was high.

#5 9 years ago

Here's the link to it.. What you think?
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#8 9 years ago

That what I was thinking. Emailed him yesterday, and offered 150.00 if he didn't sell it.

#9 9 years ago

This is the rock n roll that is for sale.
lansing.craigslist.org link

#11 9 years ago

Ha ha ha... Good one crazy. I give in.. I'll pass....

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I love Williams games for the most part but I am not a fan of just AAB games as I grew up with Replay versions. I would pass on the Williams and grab that Gottlieb Jumping Jack instead if it is in good shape and that cheap.
Just my 2 cents.
Ken

Thanks Ken I appreciate your response. I grew up with the replay versions also. The Jumping Jack looks like it has sat and sat. He says it does play though just missing a few rubbers. Even though it is working, looks like it needs a lot of cleaning. Also back glass looks wasted. Did you see the CL link to it? lansing.craigslist.org link

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I did look at the Williams ad and the machine is in nice shape. I used to own a Williams Stardust so the Rock n Roll Playfield layout is pretty similar and is fun. That left side just kills you for losing balls just like Bally's Eight Ball. I liked the Stardust Center Spinner better as you controlled what you earned as opposed to a random spinner like Rock N Roll. I like single players as opposed to Multiplayers better so that is a plus in your court.
If you could pickup the Rock N Roll for $250.00 I would grab it as it is in good shape and can fill in your collection until you get tired of it or run out of room and sell it for what you got it for easily.
Ken

Sorry Ken, meant to send you the Jumping Jack link. I just got the guy to send me close up pics. Jumping Jack playfield is in real nice shape but the back glass is trash, really trash! Probably 40 % paint is gone and rest is wrinkled to pieces. Was told it was hard to fine and a repro is 300.00 He won't come off his 300.00 price on the Jumping Jack
As far as collection? lol I'm just starting and have only one pin. 1980 Firepower and room for at least 6 more.
Jack

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J_Cutler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1970-williams-rock-n-roll-em-opinion?tu=J_Cutler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.