3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6435F4C1-940F-4AF0-A212-C622F006C7A5 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Problem: When a Home Run is Hit and the Out Of The Park light comes on, the lights flash, the bell rings and the runner rounds the bases only to stop at third and not score. I did see that the 3rd position runner relay was energized and the out of the park light is still on. I have looked for what is energizing this relay but have not been successful. I should have schematics by Saturday.

Jonathan

#2 3 years ago

Usually if the game has been working and there is a problem with the base runners you will find the issue at the back of the game that a switch has been bumped.

Look initially at the 3rd out switch directly at the back closest to the back door. Then look at the 4 small close by relay switch positions usually labeled # 2,#3 and #4 and maybe Motor Re.

Fat finger syndrome usually afflicks them ( I know about this personally from time to time). Check carefully that they are set correctly.

The schematic will soon show where to look as this is a straightforward part of the Set up.

Start here while you wait for the schematic.

#3 3 years ago

The schematics have finally arrived. I believe the problem is partially due to a faulty man motor switch. It looks to me the switch has suffered decades of adjusting and readjusting causing a Permanente bend or weak spot in the leaf. I tried to adjust the switch according to specs and I had some initial success. Now, about every third Home Run stops at third instead of going home. I’m still having trouble locating the source relay that pulses the man motor coil. The game plays correctly except for the Home Run “Out of the park function”. One thing of interest is that even when the Home Run “out of the park feature works and the runner does go home to score there is always a little hesitation at third, like it wants to stick or stop but then goes home. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

#4 3 years ago

Not sure which switch is the culprit but you seem to have found the problem. Possibly some pic’s would assist?

You can disconnect this part of the game and bring to the bench to work on. I personally would remake the offending leaf blades or at least hammer straight.

Good luck.

#5 3 years ago

Well I thought I had it beat but it looks like I was beaten instead. I rebuilt the switches and re-adjusted the Man Motor relay unit and it now functions perfectly durning game play as long as a Home Run is not desired. The Home Run function will operate correctly 10 times In a row; then after I put it all back together does it decide to stop at third base again. I do notice that when the runner/light comes home to score the movement is not always direct there is a little hesitation at third base. The action is not smooth. This leads me to believe some other relay is energized, hanging up or just stuck. I also tried to find what was causing the third base relay to energize thus preventing the runner from going home. No luck. I am at a loss here. Three days at 3 hours a day and I’m in the same spot i was in on Monday. I love this game.

Wait, added note. When the function does work;sometimes, but not all of the time the control motor continues to run and run and the bells continue to chime As if waiting for something to drop out.

Any Ideas?

#6 3 years ago

Review the 5-6 switches that are energized by the running man motor. Look at the motor relay again using a long wire with alligator clamps to ensure continuity through the home run switch.

The control motor wants probably to pulse a replay or as it’s function is to start and end a game and light replays, name, high scores etc.

This could be a switch not closing enough in the running man relays. They are small and difficult to see to test you.

#7 3 years ago

Good news!!! It’s working better than my internet connection. Came home from a long weekend in the Eldorado National Forest, sheltering in place. I cleaned and adjusted the switches you recommended and then looked for all relays that open to the control motor. There were three that were either too close, too far or just burned. First pass after adjustment gave some positive results. Runner no longer stops at third durning a Home run and now you can score an In The Park Home Run which was impossible before. I realize now the problem was indeed in the other switches and not the Home Run Relay or the Man Motor switch. This was by far the most time I have ever put into one problem that I was not able to figure out. Sometimes I just need another set of eyes.

Sometimes I wonder what the margin of error is in the function of EM games.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this game I really appreciate it.

Jonathan

6435F4C1-940F-4AF0-A212-C622F006C7A5 (resized).jpeg6435F4C1-940F-4AF0-A212-C622F006C7A5 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1970-williams-hit-and-run-base-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.