• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29CECDD1-A24D-46FD-9737-CDBCF259C986 (resized).jpeg
5D9F419D-71B5-45F5-9A80-15CE0DA842AC (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I have been cleaning (no adjustments thus far as I havn't needed any) my machine and after getting the scoring motor working to eject the ball from the drain to the shooter lane. I have been checking the game play. When It first started it was playing 3 balls (at least that is what it is currently set for), but now when the fist ball goes into play, the counter moves immediacy from 3 (when button start) down to 2 which I think is suppose to (Balls remaining) but more so than not the first ball plays, the second ball plays but when the second ball goes into play and drains, it goes to game over. I disassembled and cleaned the ball counter and for a while I could push in on the contactor and it seemed to work (3 balls, 5 balls if selecting 5 ball game play) but now regardless of what I do it plays 2 balls then game over. Any suggestions on where to look? Also I can't seem to find a schematic for this machine.
Link to a video showing the issue.

#2 5 years ago

The balls to play unit is counting down without any points scored. This means that the ball index relay is closing when it shouldn’t. 2 to 3 scoring relays in the head and the tilt relay usually operate this relay.

#3 5 years ago

Do you have a quality schematic scan you can post?

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

got the schematic now. Thanks Pinball Resource! I have cleaned the ball counter inside and out. All the contacts are good. I can't find a "Tilt" relay on the schematic so I am not sure where to look next. 2 to 3 scoring relay? where are those located?

#6 5 years ago

Be sure to put yellow flipper rubbers on those red flippers.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from akakillroy:

got the schematic now

How about getting a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#8 5 years ago

Well as it turns out it was the game over latch relay one of the contacts was bent, but now the start game button is not tripping I have available games and if I manually trip the game reset it all works as it sued, I just cant start the game

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Be sure to put yellow flipper rubbers on those red flippers.

Oh why because that was what it was?

#10 5 years ago

Here you go!

29CECDD1-A24D-46FD-9737-CDBCF259C986 (resized).jpeg29CECDD1-A24D-46FD-9737-CDBCF259C986 (resized).jpeg5D9F419D-71B5-45F5-9A80-15CE0DA842AC (resized).jpeg5D9F419D-71B5-45F5-9A80-15CE0DA842AC (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from akakillroy:

Oh why because that was what it was?

It looks so much better than red on red.

1 week later
#12 5 years ago

Well after getting my new coin door and cleaned it up re-adjusted everything I found my issue. The game start relay had a bent contact leaf that was not closing. AND I had a single leave on my scoring motor that was not closing all the time. After adjusting those, it worked! However I then had an issue that I dropped a quarter in, it counted off 3 credits instead of two, after observing the credit counter, the solenoid did only engaged twice, but registered three credits, I remembered that I took that unit apart and cleaned it, and I must have not put enough turns on the clock spring, so I wound it one more time. BANG! That did it, t here was not enough tension on the spring and the force/momentum of the solenoid engaging the clock wheel. So now I just need to rebuild my pop bumpers and do some adjusting on the other reset actuators and I think I have this thing complete! I do still need a 15/16" ball for the tilt rail, and a couple counters for the play/replay counts (Again someone who had it before me ripped them out )

#13 5 years ago

Since there's not too many Straight Flush threads,would it be okay to ask a question about my SF in this thread? I could start a new thread,but It's kinda nice,that the schematics are already included in this thread.
I have taken pictures of my Schematics,but they're not as nice as the pictures in this thread.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Since there's not too many Straight Flush threads,would it be okay to ask a question about my SF in this thread?

I think it would be better for reference to start a new one. You can save your schematic pix (at the top of the page) and reload them on the new thread.

Then click 'resolved' for this thread.

#15 5 years ago

Thanks, for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1970-straight-flush-does-not-count-balls-played-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.