Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MaxAsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Have owned a 1970 Gottlieb flip a card for years and has worked without any trouble. Suddenly it won't start up. When I turn the power on, the 'motor switch' would usually spin one rotation, and all the score etc would reset. Now, the main 'motor switch' spins non stop, and the relay "W Third Chute Relay" clicks at the same rate. It seems to be waiting for something but I don't know what.

Any ideas where to start? I've tried checking the contacts on the parts that are moving but anything beyond that would be a total guess with my knowledge

I have a video but can't post a proper link as I'm new here. You can piece together the address if it helps: sendvid dot com / wxszd0hv

Thanks in advance!!

#2 7 years ago

check the third chute coin switch on the door

#3 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, hang in there our Gottlieb gurus will be with you shortly....

To post a video, upload to YouTube then post the link here. Start a new post and add the link "Attach Image".

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

check the third chute coin switch on the door

Definitely check this first. Frequently a spinning score motor indicates that a switch is stuck closed that should not be (or vice versa). Make sure the above mentioned switch (and all your playfield switches, etc) are not accidentally closed when they should not be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1970-gootlieb-flip-a-card-not-starting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.