DSC01159.JPG
highscore.png
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

I'm thinking lots of primer.

If the original paint is still under Mel and Zel and Maureen, why not try and strip down to that?

I have a similar project in my future with one of my machines, and I'm a little reluctant to start, so I can sympathize either way.

#13 11 years ago

The date and the five digit number has got to be a high score.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

The date and the five digit number has got to be a high score.

Quoted from Rando:

I can totally take down that score!!

I just thought of something --- what if your pinball machine is actually a time-traveling machine, and if you achieve 65,500 points, you get sent back to Nov. 10th, 1976?

Think about it - why else would it be called "Post-Time..."

And all those names painted on the side must be names of travelers who have disappeared into the past...

Rando, bon voyage! Be careful, and we'll be watching the thread to see if "Rando" appears in the photo....

♪♫ cue eerie music ♪♫

1 week later
#41 11 years ago

Woot, congrats, and excelsior!

1 month later
#56 10 years ago

Rando, did you solve this already?

I took another look at your video. The first few times that the chime solenoid fires, there's a corresponding relay that also fires, below the chime box. Then, at the exact moment that the chime solenoid locks up, the relay directly below the solenoid fires and stays closed. It had not fired before that. Might be good to take a look at what controls that second relay...?

1 month later
#59 10 years ago

Yeah, it sounds like the ball count unit. Make sure that the contacts are centered on the rivets. If the contact is slightly "ahead" of the rivet, it could behave as you're describing, and intermittently too.

2 weeks later
#63 10 years ago

Since you asked about your springs: I don't think you'll need to replace the springs. If you manually activate the plungers and the unit steps up and all the way back down with no hesitation, don't mess with them. If it's a little sluggish, cutting a few turns off the long springs or tightening up the center "clock" spring by one turn can fix that. But that doesn't sound like your issue -- you said it's dropping balls, as in skipping from ball 1 to ball 3 and that kind of thing? Follow other people's answers above and you should be fine. If not, report back.

1 month later
#65 10 years ago

Dude. Phenomenal job.

So long, Zel. So long, Mel.

Maureen, I think I'll miss you most of all.

2 months later
#74 10 years ago

Nice job, Rando!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1969-williams-post-time-restore?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.