You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
sus (resized).JPG
F098A3D0-45BD-4A16-AAD9-1241A8E07B6C (resized).jpeg

#1 10 days ago

Anyone know how to find the original paint codes for Williams Suspense cabinet exterior. Restoring one and having a hard time finding original paint color codes for Williams 1969 suspense, even took playfield and cabinet to paint store and their machine couldn't find right ones to match.

#2 10 days ago

I was in a similar boat years ago. I reached out to a gentleman on RGP about the paint colors he used, this was the response:

F098A3D0-45BD-4A16-AAD9-1241A8E07B6C (resized).jpeg

No clue if any of those paints even exist anymore, since it’s been 15 years, but maybe it’s possible to cross reference them?

Good luck!

#3 10 days ago

Your best bet is to find unfaded colour under the leg or side rail. But since you're repainting the whole thing, you have the freedom to pick a colour that's "pretty close" and no one will ever know the difference.

#4 10 days ago

thanks for info, i actually have 4 i need to paint so hoping to find near original colors i can. I painted one last year not as ugly colors and then found three more so want to do them as right as possible this time.

sus (resized).JPG
#5 10 days ago

the cabinet colors seem to be a little different then the back glass and playfield. I did a frame off restoration on a 69 corvette a few years ago and had it painted original but car painters charge too much , so was hoping to find someone that has knowledge of original paint codes so i can do myself.

#6 10 days ago

Is there any splatter effect on the cabinet? I have a 1970 Gay 90's and it has silver splatter (dots) on a green base.

I see this from a picture in the gallery, you'll want to add splatter if you're trying to make it authentic.

Same with stencils -- are you using sticky stencils? It won't look original if you do.

pasted_image (resized).png

#7 10 days ago

Stencils they used on suspense doesn't have over spray on any of the four ,so they probably used sticky ones. and yea the splatter silver dots is mainly why paint machines wont pick up the yellow and maybe greens and the pink is so faded cant tell what's right one on cab. gotta be a way to find what original colors were, has to be some records somewhere. just haven't found the right person that knows yet.

#8 10 days ago
#9 10 days ago

Thank you DR_NYBBLE, the color charts from old drawings -1963 is probably gonna be the most help, sure they didn't change much by 1969. now i have something to work with. couldn't find how to access the info at the strong museum yet, probably have to call them.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside