Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by sysprog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0515 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0516 (resized).jpg
    canon12112018 017 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 016 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 015 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 014 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 013 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 012 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 011 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 010 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 009 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 007 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 006 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 005 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 004 (resized).JPG
    canon12112018 018 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hey guys!

Just got my Sea Raider yesterday and fairly happy with the condition. It's my first Midway machine which is definitely different from my 1969 Williams Phantom Gun so I need to get my learning curve up to speed. Interesting it uses a 12 volt system for the lamps instead of 6 volt so now I have to buy special lamps for it as you cannot use the regular 44/47 bulbs. I found out the 12 volt lamps run very hot like a 44 lamp, so I have bought 14 volt lamps #1815's from PBR which run cooler like a 47 lamp.

Anyone know the easiest way to replace the lamps on the light bar for the torpedo lights? It seems to replace all the lamps it would be best to take out the bar? Doesn't seem very convenient for an operator back in the day if that is the case.

Got an order in with PBR for the lamps, new cord, locks, and a schematic. I already got it rolling around on some 3" wheels which makes it a snap to move around to service.

The main issue I wish to resolve first is with the sound so I will need some parts and pictures from folks so I can get it repaired. As of now the Spring assembly for the Explosion sound is missing and the Whoosh and ping sounds are not working either, so no sound from anything. I can hear the amplifier through the speaker, but I know for a fact the cone is torn and speaker will be replaced. I also have a couple wires that have been taped together as seen in the pictures, so not sure what is up with that. I am missing the cover to the box for the sound system as well.

Please keep in mind that I know nothing of Solid State components so any help on that topic would have to be explained fully and simply. I am EM-PINMAN, not SS-PINMAN.

Thanks

Ken

Sea Raider Garage 008.JPGSea Raider Garage 008.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 006.JPGSea Raider Garage 006.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 005.JPGSea Raider Garage 005.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 004.JPGSea Raider Garage 004.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 003.JPGSea Raider Garage 003.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 002.JPGSea Raider Garage 002.JPG
    Sea Raider Garage 001.JPGSea Raider Garage 001.JPG

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

. Lay the machine down on the front and remove the screws from the back panel and the torpedo mech will come out so you can get to the background, the black light etc.

I'm sure the service technician just "Loved" to work on Sea Raider as getting to the Torpedo Light Bar just to change lamps would be just so much fun.

I did see some of those RGP threads too.

Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

One option is to replace the whole box. pbr had one for about $100

Not anymore, they sold that unit 3 years ago.

I already found a 6-1/2" 8 ohm/8 watt replacement speaker for $6.00 plus shipping and will order it asap. At least that is a step in the right direction seeing the original speaker has a 3-4 inch tear in the outer cone on the edge.

Here are 4 pictures of the original one.

Ken

Sea Raider Garage 009.JPGSea Raider Garage 009.JPG Sea Raider Garage 012.JPGSea Raider Garage 012.JPG Sea Raider Garage 013.JPGSea Raider Garage 013.JPG Sea Raider Garage 014.JPGSea Raider Garage 014.JPG
    #6 8 years ago

Very nice indeed and was my first choice but I got a good price on my Sea Raider so I went with that. As soon as I get my sound working and do some servicing which I already started it will be a nice example when done. My Coin mechs are both there and work and it even came with the Cash Box.

Ken

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

Enjoy the Sea Raider project and game.

Thanks, still trying to get some basics done but alas the flu has hit me as of a couple days ago.

Quoted from MrArt2u:

Let me know if you need any pics or reference material, though, I gotta tell you, I am nowhere near the right size to crawl in to the cabinet!

And let me know if you find a replacement spring for the KABOOM!

Thanks for the offer of pics from your machine but what I could really use is some close ups of a complete and working Sound Box so I can figure out what parts I need and what goes to what. If I can figure it out I will get back to you guys that have the same issue with a documented fix.

Pics Anyone?? Bueller...Bueller?

Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off-Ben-Stein.jpgFerris-Buellers-Day-Off-Ben-Stein.jpg
    #11 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sea Raider. Great game. Sadly I remember helping uncrate one for my Father's arcade.

Actually I helped with the second one. Ray Benson delivered the first, dumped it over on it's back. Cut open the box and seen the painted glass behind the periscope was shattered. And had to drag the box back out.

LTG : )™

1 week later
    #12 8 years ago

I was wondering if there was ever an Owners Manual made for this game

I am specifically trying to find out how to sight in the ship targets.

Ken

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Only thing I ever saw was a schematic.

I'm working on getting the installation instructions and parts manual from a source.

Quoted from wayner:

Quite an acquisition Ken-congrats look forward to seeing your finished product!!

Thanks Wayner. Already been gone through all the motor stuff along with the PCB race tracks as I call them. All feeler leads were in good shape with none broken so that was great. Just have to go through the 3 Stepper Units and sight in the targets which hit 80% of the time which is not bad but could use improvement. I am currently installing a 3-1/2" Williams Bell in place for the Explosion sound which rings twice when a ship is hit. Very cool and sounds great too! If this is the only sound I get for a while I am happy with that.

Quoted from Taxman:

I only have one top glass. The one's behind the periscopes anr plastic but I found an original glass one like Loyd mentioned. I guess they dumped them for plastic after a few kids knuckles got slashed.

I could use a better Backglass and Periscope glass as well but I have run out of funds so that will have to wait indefinitely. I guess if I had to chose one I would get a Periscope glass/plastic first (mine is plastic) as I already sealed my Backglass with Triple Thick to stop any more ink loss.

Ken

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I'm working on getting the installation instructions and parts manual from a source.

Just ordered them thanks to John Robertson at Flippers.com.

These documents should shed some enlightenment.

Ken

#20 8 years ago

Special Thanks to gearheaddropping for all the close up photos of the Sound System.

Ken

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Not perfect, just a nice working example. Looking to do a cabinet repaint one day.

Looking good!

Curious if you have the Plastic or Glass Periscope panel? Early models had the glass one, mine is plastic.

Ken

5 years later
    #35 3 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

em-pinman did you ever get a lower glass? I’m in need of one and would love a scan

Sorry, No, I sold the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1969-midway-sea-raider?tu=EM-PINMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.