• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Mibs Gottlieb, 1969

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Mibs Score Motor (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Hey guys I know there has been many posts about score Motor issues and I’ve read tons of threads about it but nothing I seem to do is correcting this one.

The machine was a dead horse when I got it and I fixed most of the issues so far, but the score motor runs 100% of the time. It runs during a game after a game before a game it never stops.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the score reels, I believe they are resetting correctly. I have adjusted them but I’ve also noticed that when it goes to zero it’s no longer trying to reset the scores and moves onto the next sequence in the start up.

It wasn’t originally but it is now kicking a ball out and you can play a full game however the score motor runs continuously throughout the game and continues after it ends.

The game over light is engaging so I know the game over relay is tripping correctly.

And I have checked and the brake is present on the score motor.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#2 3 months ago

At game over, is there any relay energized?

#3 3 months ago

I checked and when the game over sequence has been engaged the only coil still energized is the hold coil which I believe should be energized. last night I did try and manually trigger all of the relays on the relay bank that’s mounted on the under side of the Playfield. I wanted to see if during a reset they all reset properly. When I did that and started a game the motor stopped running after reset. So I thought I had solved the problem and it was just maybe a sticky relay under the Playfield. However the second time I tried it the motor ran continuously again.

1 week later
#5 85 days ago

I can't say for sure, but it sounds like an issue I had with my 72' Gottlieb Grand Slam. The score reset complete relay was stuck in the on postion. Not sure if your pin has that, but look there and check the switches on that relay. Mine was touching causing the score reset relay to just keep spinning.

#6 84 days ago

Try blocking the switches in red with bits of paper to see if you can figure out which one is letting the motor run.
Mibs Score Motor (resized).jpg
It sounds like it could be the switch on the DB/Reset Completed relay but it could be any of them.

Also, you'd probably get more eyes on this problem if it were posted to one of the EM forums.

/Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Test item Pre-order!
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.95
$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside