topTroughSwitcch (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
onTROUGHRE (resized).JPG
offTROUGHRE (resized).JPG
IMG_5281 (resized).JPG
DaffieSchematic.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

If you have a DMM you can do this test. Instead of unsoldering the W-G wire slip a piece of paper in the 3b normally closed switch. Unplug machine. Lift and support playfield, and unplug playfield to mechanical board jones plugs. Find the W-G wire and the yellow power wire on the male jones plug. Set meter for resistance test and stick probes into male pins and take the reading. Duplicate this test with the corresponding female connectors and take the reading. Does reading change when strip of paper is removed? Inspect female jones plug for shorts near the W-G wire connection.

#52 1 year ago

Thanks, I will attempt that later today. I am yet again impressed by all the Pinsider experts who have pursued this problem.

I did find this in my musings: If I block the W-G wire hold switch on the 3000 relay there are big & good changes. Going through the open gate resets the drop target and gives 3,000 points as it should. Going through the open gate with the special light lit resets the drop target, scores 3,000 points, and adds one add-a-ball as it should. NO extra scoring and no endless add-a-balls.

I do notice that going through the gate in either case does advance advances the 'X' value one space, and I don't think that should happen.

If I can't find the short at the Jones plugs with the method you just suggested, I can easily live with the work around I found. The ball rarely makes it through the gate so an extra 'X' value once in a while is a good trade off to either leaving the upper trough switch blocked as it was by the repairman (never scoring 3,000 points or an add-a-ball) or leaving the upper trough switch active and having an unplayable machine that adds endless points and add-a-balls.

Sound good? And thanks again for sticking with me. Henry

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-williams-daffie-endless-add-a-balls/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.