1968 Williams Cabaret starting problems

By Vincent1468

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

I'm currently restoring an old EM pinball machine, it's a Williams Cabaret from 1968.
The machine was working, but then I decided to paint the cabinet. So I took out the playfield and the mech panel.
After I was done with painting I put back in the mech panel and the playfield, turned it on, and it didn't work anymore!

This is what happends:
When I add a credit the motor starts rotating, some relays on the mech panel energize but nothing happends on the playfield.
So the first thing I did was checking the voltages coming from the transformer, but those are all good.
Then I checked the fuses, also all good.
I've checked the plug from the playfield to the mech panel and they are also good.

When I turn the game on and press the left flipper the lights should turn on, but they don't turn on.
The lights in the coin door also don't turn on.

My question is: what's wrong? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

double check the plug from the coin door to the mech panel. also check the NC coin switch this will keep the score motor from running if its not touching correctly

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-williams-cabaret-starting-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.