So I just picked up my first EM rifle game, a 1968 Williams Aqua Gun (AG). Purchased from an estate sale so far out into the Texas countryside that there was no cell signal for either AT&T or Verizon. I also bought a Count Down and a Jolly Roger. They were located on the second floor, with a narrow staircase with a 90 degree turn. Auction company said their employees would help move, but they kept putting me off and moving everyone else's stuff but mine as I waited patiently. Then, when my turn came, they said it was quitting time and they left! Fortunately, a couple of Texas good 'ole boys helped me get them out, and a local constable providing security even lended a hand! I was so exhausted I forgot my lift table, but instead of making the 4-hour r/t to retrieve it, I'll make a pleasant 60 minute r/t in my Beech Bonanza and borrow a car at the local airport to get it. Unfortunately, even though NicoVolta thinks I can, I cannot transport pinball machines in my airplane! LOL!
I got it home and got it it 90% up and running in short order with the usual point cleaning, adjusting and score reel refurbing. The only mechanical issues are 1) the timer reels do not function, and 2) it blows one of two fuses if both fuses are inserted. There is a "high tap" line fuse and a "low tap" line fuse. The game will function as indicated with a fuse in either one, but not fuses in both. Very odd, but without a schematic on hand or available to download, I'm just guessing that maybe its not supposed to have a fuse in both "taps"???
It had a regular fluorescent installed instead of a black light, but the local Home Depot had one in stock for $12 so that was the first thing I added. It looks SOOOO much cooler with a black light installed!
The artwork inside the machine had not been cleaned since new, or so it seemed. I disassembled the target unit at the bottom of the cabinet, and removed the large cardboard artwork pieces. I carefully cleaned the dust and grime with a moist towel, being careful not to remove any ink (FYI - Magic Eraser is NOT a good idea!). My wife touched up the areas of white paint that had turned brown, making it look much better. When the art was moist from my towel, it looked 3x brighter and more colorful. This gave me the idea to spray them with a clearcoat before reinstalling them. I'm off to Walmart now for paint - I'll try satin and gloss to see which looks better. My next post in this thread will include before/after photos, and photos of the machine itself. Stay tuned...