Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190905_193240 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190902_105611 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190902_104236 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190902_111900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190830_082752_cropped (resized).jpg
IMG_20190830_085150 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arthurl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

This is a bit new to me. I've just a bough a 1968 Gottlieb Four Seasons, this is my first pinball. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/four-seasons Four Seasons

The pinball is in pretty good condition and has been restored in part (paint job, some rubbers replaced, back glass secured, etc.)

The parts that don't work are as follows :

- the main problem is that the player wheel in the back doesn't turn so I have to turn it manually whenever a player looses (unless they have the "Same Player Shoots Again" lit up)
- A few light bulbs are out
- Missing glass on top
- The pinball is in free to play, but I'd like to be able to get the coins working for fun (and be able to switch between the two - no intention of for-profit there)
- I'm not sure if the 100 points when lit is correct
- Some shoot-out-of-hole (don't know yet what the term is) are a bit bet and probably should not shoot the ball in that exact direction
- I'm not sure if the "Credit count" is correct (so the Free Game when you reach a certain point isn't really in the game so far).
- the pinball didn't have the schematics in it, although there is a fair bit of documentation next to each relay and "programming" wheel

So my questions are as follows :

- do you have any recommendations as to where I can get or purchase the schematics (digital version is fine) ?
- do you have recommendations as to how and where I should buy the glass on top (in France) ?
- is there a recommended inclination ?
- how do you troubleshoot the player wheel not turning ? (more of what I tried in the 1st comment I'll do below)

Thanks in advance for you help, I'm having a lot of fun so far looking into the circuits and all. And keep in mind I'm totally new to the game...

IMG_20190830_082752_cropped (resized).jpgIMG_20190830_082752_cropped (resized).jpgIMG_20190830_085150 (resized).jpgIMG_20190830_085150 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_111900 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_111900 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

So, the things I've done so far :

- I've tried to trouble shoot the player wheel not turning : there are two relays, one to turn it clockwise (next player) and another to turn it anti-clockwise (reset on multiple turns), I tested the clockwise relay with a multimeter, everything looks connected.
- I then connected it to the bell which seems to also have 30V, and it worked, the player would change everytime the bell would ring, so it's not getting current.
- I tried to follow the cable (mostly black with streaks of red) but couldn't find it in the bottom part of the pinball
- I tried to connect that cable with a few of cables coming from the "Motor switch positions" - in the best case scenario it switched player but the player is incorrectly selected at the start

IMG_20190902_104236 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_104236 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_105611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_105611 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

fuegi thanks for the info, I'll be looking into adding a switch there, right now the pinball is on free to play. Thanks for the dimensions of the glass

Darcy thanks for information about the schematics and the glass suppliers I'll look into it. For the incline, great to learn about that, the levers are in good shape and the threaded shafts do correctly rotate, so I'll have to find a level to check it. Thanks for the info about the "extra incline" which can do a quicker ball (it did cross my mind that would be possible)

Today I managed to get the player changing bug by finding the faulty switch : 1A on the motor control would not close, so a simple bending of the switch got it working! I'm so happy! It's a game changer for the play-ability. I can enjoy the game for a bit before going onto the next repairs. (and especially other people can play without me putting my hands in the electronics every time the player needs changing).

Thanks everyone for your advise and tips, this feels like a very welcoming community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arthurl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-gottlieb-four-seasons-various-questions-about-repairs?tu=arthurl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.