(Topic ID: 161496)

1968 Bally EM World Cup Soccer Club

By Wickerman2

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20230825_033120979 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2742 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F5BC2BC3-1D48-444A-AE40-29EE075ED68D (resized).jpeg
    8DC2FABB-D4E0-4CFF-80FE-5F3BA08C1191 (resized).jpeg
    747EE6C1-1F4A-4432-9555-B1CC4E9E0CFF (resized).jpeg
    105535C9-BA5E-47E0-849F-B46978BA5B17 (resized).jpeg
    53440803-17F8-4F3D-BAE4-9E2505208DA3 (resized).jpeg
    Repro3 (resized).JPG
    Repro1 (resized).JPG
    Repro2 (resized).JPG
    PlayerMold (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

All welcome.

#2 7 years ago

Just picked one up:

BallyWCS_001_(resized).JPGBallyWCS_001_(resized).JPG

BallyWCS_002_(resized).JPGBallyWCS_002_(resized).JPG

BallyWCS_003_(resized).JPGBallyWCS_003_(resized).JPG

BallyWCS_004_(resized).JPGBallyWCS_004_(resized).JPG

BallyWCS_005_(resized).JPGBallyWCS_005_(resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Have a manual and schematic on order but have managed to get it running in the meantime. Fun game!

I think there are probably only a couple others that own this tank on pinside. Maybe more will creep out of the shadows.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Found this video of the action.

It's a chaotic game--the max game time setting is about 5 minutes so you are really scrambling to score. After I get mine cleaned up a bit more maybe I'll get a video.

#7 7 years ago

Anywhere from dirt cheap to $1000 or so from what I can tell. I think they only made about 800 of them and from what Steve at PBR told me they didn't stay on route long because they did terrible..so I'm guessing lots of them were scrapped. If you are lucky enough to find one local you might be able to grab it fairly cheap. They are heavy as hell to move--like modern pinball heavy. I found 1 (1!) listed nationally for $600. Mine came out of a warehouse in Montana that had 2 of them.

1 month later
    #10 7 years ago
    #11 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

I'm in! ....pics coming

If you need more soccer balls:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYG8A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Mine was short a few, which means a ball will never kick out, those fit perfectly.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

I read your post about needing 10 balls mine actually only has one and it works fine I wonder if they changed the design at some point?

Weird. Not sure how that would work. There is a vertical trough from the return lanes beneath playfield. When game is on, a lever constantly pushes up/down at bottom of trough to force out a ball if trough is "full" of balls. It would have to be completely different if only 1 ball were in game.

Take a pic of the bottom of the ball "launch" area.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Fixed my two gimpy players that kicked slow and were even slower to return if at all, having fun working on this thing.

Did they have broken spring clips beneath the control knobs?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Little man loves the World Cup

It's my 6 y/o current favorite...though it could be because he beats me most of the time. He goes full defense and then I score on myself half the time.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

I cringe every time I have to slide it out.

I have not, probably should. Mine was sealed in by what appeared to be an old Soda Pop spill...took forever to get out.

Has anyone taken a look at the score light sockets? Mine are really flaky and I was going to replace but they are really odd looking underneath...looks like a job to get them out to swap too. The wood built around them appears to be glued together.

#27 7 years ago

Mine came with large aluminum sliders stuck to the levelers--works great on carpet so I haven't done anything with them.

1 month later
    #30 7 years ago
    Quoted from GKW:

I found this in a warehouse. Not sure if I want to buy it or help the owner sell it.

Looks like some of the guys might have been repaired and/or painted. I don't know of anywhere to find replacements for them.

3 years later
    #42 4 years ago
    SOCCER1968 (resized).jpgSOCCER1968 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from TimL:

Seeing if anyone know if there are any spare parts are out there?

Talked to pinballresource a while back and they didn’t have parts. I think they are hard to come by.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-bally-em-world-cup-soccer-club?tu=Wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.