(Topic ID: 161496)

1968 Bally EM World Cup Soccer Club

By Wickerman2

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20230825_033120979 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2742 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F5BC2BC3-1D48-444A-AE40-29EE075ED68D (resized).jpeg
    8DC2FABB-D4E0-4CFF-80FE-5F3BA08C1191 (resized).jpeg
    747EE6C1-1F4A-4432-9555-B1CC4E9E0CFF (resized).jpeg
    105535C9-BA5E-47E0-849F-B46978BA5B17 (resized).jpeg
    53440803-17F8-4F3D-BAE4-9E2505208DA3 (resized).jpeg
    Repro3 (resized).JPG
    Repro1 (resized).JPG
    Repro2 (resized).JPG
    PlayerMold (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

I'm in! ....pics coming

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you need more soccer balls:
    amazon.com link »
    Mine was short a few, which means a ball will never kick out, those fit perfectly.

I read your post about needing 10 balls mine actually only has one and it works fine I wonder if they changed the design at some point?

#14 7 years ago

Fixed my two gimpy players that kicked slow and were even slower to return if at all, having fun working on this thing.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

The above video is actually of my game. I bought it about 5 years ago for $200 and it's a favorite of anyone that plays it.

Taylor did you repaint your players?

#18 7 years ago

On the opposite side from the controllers the nylon pulley arm that the cables attach to were gummed up to where they would hardly move.

#20 7 years ago

Little man loves the World Cup....even if he doesn't really know whats going on

photo_(9)_(resized).JPGphoto_(9)_(resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you need more soccer balls:
    amazon.com link »
    Mine was short a few, which means a ball will never kick out, those fit perfectly.

I'm an idiot there are 10 in there.

#24 7 years ago

Has anyone sealed the artwork on their top glass? I cringe every time I have to slide it out.

#26 7 years ago

Has anyone replaced levelers on one of these? I can't tell if they are standard pinball levelers or not I'd like to know before I take a shot at removing one of the rusted ones on my game.

1 month later
    #31 7 years ago

Fun game worth the effort...one word of caution they are heavy!

4 years later
    #52 3 years ago

Good times yesterday

20201126_173732 (resized).jpg20201126_173732 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #87 1 year ago
    Quoted from HisboyElroy:

I've been making these reproduction players for a few weeks now I've tweaked my process a little bit. I vented the base of the mold to allow air to escape as I pour & I've started inserting a large unfolded paper clip through the length of the player. The paper clip helps remove air bubbles in the base of the shaft as the resin cures and it makes the players more stable.
    My testing process is EXTREMELY primitive (I see how far I can bend the base until the resin shaft breaks). The paper clip guys hold up better but I am using both in my game and they perform about the same. The resin base seems to be holding up well (so far). I will continue to make them until I run out of casting resin.
    If anybody is interested in producing their own I put a video out on Youtube that walks through the process of creating the mold and casting the resin. Materials are a little pricey, my shopping list was in the $200 ballpark but I tested two different resins and bought an extra rubber mold kit. You could probably buy just one mold kit and one resin kit and you'd be in the $120 range for materials. The materials I used are in the video, here's a link:

I will be at MGC this Saturday, 4/30. If anybody with a World Cup will be there Saturday and would like to try my repro players I'll give up to 3 of them away to different owners. PM me and let me know if you want Left or Right foot kicker and whether you want Red or Blue (or unpainted). I'm happy with them so far but would like feedback from other folks. No guarantees or warranties and use at your own risk bla bla bla. I'm still testing them and even though they seem to work well I am not sure how they will hold-up over time compared to the original bakelite & metal guys.
    If feedback is good I will probably sell all of my 'extra' players for folks that don't want to deal with making them (my fingers have been covered with dried resin for a few weeks now, it doesn't wash off easily). Not looking to get rich but I would like to recover some of the cost of materials. Otherwise, if you make your own and find ways to improve the process please post them here!

Nice work! I wish I was going to MGC I would love to try one out in my game I have one player with a JB Weld repaired leg I would like to swap out at some point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-bally-em-world-cup-soccer-club?tu=TomT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.