• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180619_202101 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Recently got a 68 Dixieland and everything seems to work except NO LIGHTS AT ALL. First thing I did was check all fuses (good) 6 Volts at Tranny, which I have verified.
I have not dug into it too deep yet, just downloaded Schem from IPD, noticed the "A.C. Relay" (Anti cheat?) is in line with GI lighting. This relay is energized but no lights still. As I said, I havnt dug too deep yet and cant till prolly tonight, any suggestions as what to look for first?

#2 5 years ago

Check your Jones plugs.

#3 5 years ago

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Inspect and diagnose this circuit.

Yes sir thats the one I was looking at thank you for highlighting the path!
Is the AC relay called anti cheat because I cannot find it on the wiring diagram other than anticheat

#5 5 years ago

The schematic calls it A.C. relay everywhere I see it. If you have the manual you should see it there.

#6 5 years ago

I am unable to find a manual for this machine online. However you are correct sir I jumped that switch out and it is the anti-cheat relay.
That solved the lighting issue thanks for your help now I just need to remove coil because (switch) it's so small you can't get in to clean and adjust it and it has a ground string tying a bunch of coils together on the top so I must on solder it just to get it up high enough to work on it LOL

#7 5 years ago

You know you can get the playfield out of the way by removing it, right?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

You know you can get the playfield out of the way by removing it, right?

All to well lol. I delivered one to my dads basement by my self for fathers day while he was golfing had to disassemble.
The relay stack I need to clean/adjust is in a row of coils and (of course) its on the bottom.
I unsoldered the ground wire on the coil so I could pull it up and tighten screws/clean and adjust switches. Now the lights work but when I hit the start button it ADDS credits and doesn't start a game. Must have bent something by accident. Will have to remove it again and find out which switch is incorrect...

#9 5 years ago

Got lights working including ball count lites. However ball count unit Step Up coil is not working. I am looking at this circuit but do not know what the ball Runway or the reb' d gate switches are.

20180619_202101 (resized).jpg20180619_202101 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

Also, manually hitting the ball count relay does not energize s.u. coil

#11 5 years ago

Check those score motor switches.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

what the ball Runway or the reb' d gate switches are

Here are a couple approaches to that question:

1) Guess and check wire colors. The ball runway may be between the outhole and where the plunger hits the ball, or where the plunger sends the ball. Rebound gate may be that gate to the right of the flippers

2) Ignore the ball runway and rebound gate switches for now and attach your Alligator clip jumpers to known switches in the same circuit.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks guys found the problem and can't believe how stupid I was. I didn't think there was a switch inside of the ball Runway from the kick outhole to the plunger but there certainly is I've never seen one before but I've never had an old Bally

#14 5 years ago

Not stupid at all. Nobody's born knowing how these things work.

#15 5 years ago

Smiling cuz its true... one of the things I love about pinball machines is each one is a new adventure and you get to know them intimately. It takes patience which I have very little of LOL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-bally-dixieland-no-gi-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.