6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bdemon16
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Folks, hoping someone can help. I'm a rookie/noob and trying to fix a problem with the above mentioned game. Replaced a (left) flipper solenoid on the game and now the playfield will not come online upon power up. The scoring reels reset, but the motor keeps running to the point where eventually a group of (motor?) coils arc and shut down the startup process. The lights on the back glass/scoring remain lit, but the playfield remains dead.
    At this point, I'm stumped and hoping someone can shed some light on it.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Buddy

#2 6 years ago

It's been quite awhile since I had either Touchdown or Kick Off set up,
    but off the top of my head, perhaps the football animation relay isn't stepping
    up (which it does random step-ups) at the start of the game. I would first make
    sure that the contacts in the "Tilt Relay" are clean and making good connection.
    BTW, it's not remaining on Tilt, right?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Mopar! I'll locate/check the Tilt Relay this evening. The game is not remaining on Tilt, I saw that in an alternate post somewhere. I don't know if this is related or not, but when I manually activate the scoring reels from inside the back cabinet, I notice that the tens reel is humming but not doing anything which I believe is causing the motor to continually run and then suddenly shut down. All other reels appear to be working normally.

I'll also take a hard look at the football relay although that was working perfectly prior to solenoid replacement, thanks for pointing that out.

One other potential, I had to replace a fuse post-solenoid replacement. I believe it was a 15 Amp and the game fired up perfectly for about 15 seconds before I heard a "click" or snap (like a fuse blowing ) from the back cabinet and have been having problems since. I don't see anything and do not know enough about these EM's to trace it or track down the source of the problem. So much to learn....

Many thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Buddy

1 week later
    #4 6 years ago

So...I've ordered parts for the Touchdown game, and moved on to my Gottlieb Fast Draw game. The left flipper was acting up so I replaced the solenoid/relay for the flipper. Upon finishing the repair and starting the game, it is now stuck on Tilt at power on. The game WAS working perfectly prior to the repair and I am at a loss as to what has happened. WTF??!

Any and all assistance GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.
    Buddy

#5 6 years ago

Update: The game was stuck in Tilt and the play field would not power on. If I "activate"(?) the Tilt Hold Relay I get the game to come out of Tilt and the play field lights come on. However, it still will not "play". Based upon another thread here, I'm now looking at the AX and the Reset Control Relay.

#6 6 years ago

I thought maybe someone might have a Touchdown set up and maybe be able
    to help out here. Let us know how you make out researching that other thread.
    Kick Off for sure, but I might have a Touchdown schematic also.. (T)

1 month later
    #7 6 years ago

Thanks Mopar, apologies for the 48 day delay but I'm just getting back to this post holidays, etc. I have a schematic for both games but they may as well be written in Mandarin, clueless....

Hopefully I'll figure this out and let all know.

Thanks again.

BD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1967-williams-touchdown-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.