(Topic ID: 143014)

1967 williams derby day horses dont always reset?

By Foose

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Foose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03955.jpg
IMG_3448.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

If the score motor has three cams then the bottom one is the impulse cam. In the older games the the schematic show the switches on each cam.

#4 6 years ago

Foose, what you describe is a little odd. The forward and return motor move the horses. In the return to start position that happens as part of the restart cycle the return motor cycles no other time. It simply rotates the shaft backwards. If the horses are not moving then the cogs are slipping. The grip on the cogs comes from the springs and they can be as you know reduced by the leather washers 'slipping'.

What you could try is to undo the screw to all cog retainers and let them settle equally and reset. If this does not work then think about switching out the springs.

#5 6 years ago

Foose,

I have looked at you pictures in the other thread. I see something. The cogs are not all the same distance apart so there is different pressure on the cogs. You may have changed this when you added a washer where one is missing.

When I rebuilt my Nags I had the same issue as you for a while. As well as releasing the cog retainers I also aligned the chain at the connection screw as in the act of tightening I twisted the chain slightly, so they were stopping occasionally at the end stop and slipping.

I think it is a mechanical problem.

#8 6 years ago

Ok,

I was not aware that the motor operation stopped. If like earlier games it just gets power and will run until the 6 th horse closes to shut down power. Look at the schematic and see if this how your game works. The switches are on the horse metal arm the horse rides on. Should be easy to see if an issue. I am thinking it is your motor power through the jones plug. If it does it again this where I would be looking and possibly have a jumper ready.

#12 6 years ago

The snip it of the schematic indicates the reset motor 14A 7836 is powered when any of the relay switches are closed. The Go relay (game over) or the ball count relay and the start relay. The start relay will not close until the sixth horse is back to the start of the race position.

Look at the schematic start relay and find all the other switches on this relay and confirm they are all correct positioned.

You reference to the play meter is on a different line. It I assume has the coin relay removed so it should not stop the play meter working. Is the coil burned out?

You sure it's not mechanical?

#14 6 years ago

I can't see how the reverse motor can stop unless the 6th horse has opened the final switch to shut off power, the horses are wired in series so until the last horse gets home the circuit stays open.
DSC03955.jpg
Unless the power is cut off by a bad joint. You say that if you set another game it powers up and finishes the horse reset. If the power is lost for a split second then that is it for that reset so possibly it is a bad joint possibly at the switches or motor.....

I think when you look again you will get it this time.

#16 6 years ago

Well done. I like your dogged style. Suggestion change the title to fixed! People like success stories. Well I do.

Last suggestion is possibly post a picture in another thread title relevant to your rear door mech needs. State the game and the year and it will get sorted out quickly, I think. Mechs are the same generally but there may be other bits missing hence the picture request.

Steve J.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
$ 334.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!