Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0516 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Pin reset motor keeps running

#2 6 years ago

Think I figured out points on cam now it won't play a full game stops at different frames random

#3 6 years ago

Ya your gonna need to provide some more info if you want to get some real help.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from sully48:

now it won't play a full game stops at different frames random

What are you saying, the Game Over Relay energizes in the middle of a game?
    If so, check for vibrating Slam Switches. I think there's one in the rear of the machine,
    and maybe in the coin door..

3 weeks later
    #5 6 years ago

It's not showing game over ,what is happening is the game starts I throw the first puck and then the play field goes dead I have a problem with the pins resetting the bar goes forward but stops before it sets pins I know my pin reset points are out of adjustment but I can't find any info on where they need to be ,there are two cams on the pin reset motor I think one is zero position and the other is pin reset?

#6 6 years ago

Long back, I remember working on machines with the double Pin Motor Reset cams..
    What it sounds like is happening is the Pin Reset Relay is energizing, and then denergizing
    without a (suppose to be) closed switch off of one of the Pin Reset Motor's cams taking over
    the responsibility of the Score Motor's circuitry..
    Once the Pin Reset Relay energizes and the Pin Reset Motor begins its revolution, the Pin Reset Motor's
    Run Out switch should make (touch), which also completes the Score Motor's circuitry, then
    another set of contacts off of one of the two cams opens cutting the Pin Reset Relay's circuit..
    With the machine on, you can manually activate the Pin Reset Relay which will energize the
    the Pin Reset Motor and when the Pin Reset Motor stops, you can study what set of contacts should
    be making (touching) to continue the Pin Reset Motor's circuit. Once the Pin Reset Motor completes its
    revolution and the pins are reset, those same two contacts should open and put the Pin Reset
    Motor at rest..
    Later, we can address other problems that the machine may have..

#7 6 years ago

Thank you for your help I will check cams and switches they are difficult to adjust they are in a bad location then I wil clean switches and plug connections thanks again

#8 6 years ago

I think I have the pins pretty much working now maybe a few adjustment but working for the most part now to game play I reset the game get 1shot then the play field goes dead I cleaned the jones plugs any ideas where I should start

#9 6 years ago

I haven't cleaned any of the score reels yet or any play field switches I did have the game working when I got it , I did wire in a free game switch and player switch they do start a game and add players

#10 6 years ago

One other thing when I play the first shot and manually try to reset the head pin the coil buzzes but other pins don't just the head pin

#11 6 years ago

I know that many like jumping right to it and try playing a game, but going through the switches and
    units (or at least most of them) before plugging it in is really the way to go. Then it'll help to answer
    questions way before they're even needed to be asked..
    I haven't worked on 60s William machines for a long time, but I'm pretty sure that the pin unit
    switches under the pin hood energizes the Relays in the Relay Bank. It appears that the #1 pin unit
    switches are energizing the #1 Relay in the Bank, but the other pin unit switches are not. It also sounds
    like the #1st Shot Relay in the Relay Bank is not energizing. The last row of rollover switches (on the playboard)
    is what energizes the First Shot (also 2nd Shot) Relays..
    It's a little surprising that 9 of the 10 pin unit switches aren't making good contact, but you'll first want to tighten
    the switch stack screws that are under the pin hood that the pin units function, then clean and properly gap then.
    If you have the schematics, perhaps you can take a pic and post..

#12 6 years ago

I will and thanks again for your help the schematic is a little hard for me to follow but I working on it just trying to follow the wiring and switches open and closed and make break ,I'll send you a pic soon.

#13 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the schematic

IMG_0513 (resized).JPGIMG_0513 (resized).JPG

IMG_0514 (resized).JPGIMG_0514 (resized).JPG

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

If the quality is not good a I can try again

#15 6 years ago

I have to say they are a little blurry, but can be made out for the most part..
    Yes, the Pin Unit's switches do energizes the Pin Relays in the Relay Bank and
    not vis-versa as of the earlier United machines..
    It seems a little unusual that many of the rollover switches are that much out
    of adjustment or need cleaning, but possible, so snugging up those switch stack
    screws and then cleaning their contacts wouldn't be a bad idea..
    You cleaned the plugins, so I'd try that.
    I'll recheck the schematics, but I'm pretty sure all the other pin units primary
    circuitry is the same as the #1 pin's. The only difference is the pins individual
    rollover switches..
    Also, each pin unit (under the pin hood) has a make-break switch. When the pins
    are down, The two contacts that are making (touching) completes the circuit to
    their own pin unit coil, then once the pin is energized (up) those contacts break
    so that its coil doesn't remain energized, and the two contacts that are now making
    are to complete the circuit to the pin relays in the Relay Bank. Once the pin relays
    1 - 10 (in the Relay Bank) energize, each one has a set of contacts that break
    to discontinue it's circuitry. Before the pin relays in the relay bank energize, those
    contacts in each pin relay have to be making good contact so that the pin unit's contacts
    can complete the circuit to the pin relays (in the Relay Bank) circuitry..
    On these bowlers, there can be quite a little bit that needs to be checked out..
    And also, before adjusting, tightening up all switch stack screws is always a good idea..

#16 6 years ago

Oh sorry, I got thinking. You had said that the pins are going up, and then
    all goes dead. So the rollovers are doing their job, but still the rest of the switches
    need to be checked out..
    Yet maybe the last set of rollovers could use some checking, but the 1st
    Shot Relay not energizing is most likely in its circuitry, but we'll first concentrate
    on getting the Pin Relays to energize..
    Also, nothing happens after the first shot, but does the 1st Shot Relay (in the Relay Bank)
    energize?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1967-united-corral-shuffle-bowler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.