1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by cperro
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EM rifle gun (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181110_164537 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180926_204109_159 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180926_203614 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180924_183259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180924_181946 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180924_173111 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180924_165048 (resized).jpg
    mg side print (resized).JPG
    DSCN4185 (resized).JPG
    DSCN4193 (resized).JPG
    mg side (resized).png
    Monster Gun 003 (resized).jpg
    Monster Gun 002 (resized).jpg
    Monster Gun 004 (resized).jpg
    Monster Gun 005 (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago

Lined up my vector art against a clear shot of the side I found on the internet.
    Scaled that in Illustrator, scaled the vector art, exported the different colors.
    Imported into Silhouette Studio and printed out.
    Here's the left side purple:

mg side print (resized).JPGIMG_20180924_165048 (resized).jpg

#52 5 months ago

I got 2 20 ft rolls of Oramask for $27. Each side's color is about 5 ft. So doing the whole game should cost roughly $13 in materials, not bad!
    That is if I don't mess up and need to reprint

#53 5 months ago

I spoke too soon! Didn't line up my first shot at red quite right when loading it into the Cameo and it got all botched. Here's try #2

IMG_20180924_173111 (resized).jpg
    #54 5 months ago

Got the others done. One more set for the right side and I'm ready to roll!

IMG_20180924_181946 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180924_183259 (resized).jpg
    #55 5 months ago

Got a 15 gallon 3.5 HP compressor off Craigslist. Dude said it worked, showed up and it didn't. I had already drove there so offered him $20 for it and he accepted. Tested a bad capacitor, replaced it with a $10 eBay one and works great! Keeps up with my air orbital sander no problem...

IMG_20180926_204109_159 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180926_203614 (resized).jpg
    #56 5 months ago

Looks great!! I hate stencils

1 month later
    #57 4 months ago

There is one of these for sale locally so I had to check your thread out to see what I may get into, and it looks like a lot of work and sourcing parts could be difficult. I may have to pass on this one.

#58 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

There is one of these for sale locally so I had to check your thread out to see what I may get into, and it looks like a lot of work and sourcing parts could be difficult. I may have to pass on this one.

If it's complete and the score motor isn't all gummed up, it's a worthwhile project! If you can get it for under $250 definitely worth it. Shoot some pictures over to me if you want me to tell you if its complete.

#59 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

Oh man, I saw the same one on Kijiji. I would totally grab it if I had the money and time for it. I would love one for my collection.

#60 4 months ago
    Quoted from NovaPin:

Oh man, I saw the same one on Kijiji. I would totally grab it if I had the money and time for it. I would love one for my collection.

Hey bud, hows things up in Digby?
    My problem is the time. I already have a project gun game (Exidy Crackshot, want a good deal?) that I will never have time for. Not to mention lots of pins in need of maintenance. I passed on a Midway Aladdin EM gun game years ago, but looking back I am sorry I didn't buy it but really, the one I want is the Midway Haunted House.

#61 4 months ago
    Quoted from dudah:

If it's complete and the score motor isn't all gummed up, it's a worthwhile project! If you can get it for under $250 definitely worth it. Shoot some pictures over to me if you want me to tell you if its complete.

The seller tells me it will start and run but his price was $400 and I foresee a nightmare finding used parts.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/bedford/midway-monster-gun-rifle-game/1393919551?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#62 4 months ago

Primed! It actually came primed but I did some more bondo.

IMG_20181110_164537 (resized).jpg
    #63 4 months ago

Hi, I actually just picked up the monster gun that @rascal-911 and @novapin (sorry if you were still thinking about picking it up) were talking about, the owner ended up dropping the price to $300 in their latest repost for the game. The motor seems to work, he was able to start it up so the targets were rotating.

I have a couple questions related to it since I've never worked on an EM rifle before, hope that is okay to post in this thread. I have worked on an EM pinball before though. Are there any general posts or websites that could get me caught up to speed on these EM rifle games? I just bought the schematics but I won't have them for a couple weeks probably, had to buy it from the US (I live in Canada). Is there any parts catalog for these games too?

One thing the game needs is a stylus/spring. I was looking at flippers.com (https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/stylus-p-843) and they sell stylus but they have 2 different lengths (7/8 inch and 1-1/8 inch). So I was wondering which size would be used for monster gun. I've attached a picture of what I have included where the stylus is installed in case that is useful. So I was also wondering what I needed for the spring, is there a particular one I should get? Also, I'm kind of confused as to the purpose of the spring, could someone explain that for me?

Thanks!

EM rifle gun (resized).JPG
    #64 4 months ago

I love reading restores on these! Thanks for documenting yours. It’s helps get my excitement up to do my gun game

#65 4 months ago
    Quoted from cperro:

Hi, I actually just picked up the monster gun that @rascal-911 and @novapin (sorry if you were still thinking about picking it up) were talking about, the owner ended up dropping the price to $300 in their latest repost for the game.
    [quoted image]

Man that's awsome! I'm glad someone got it who is going to give it the attention it deserves! Congrats!

#66 4 months ago

This topic is equalling inspiring and intimidating as I procrastinate working on my formerly working Space Gun!

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if the Pinside admins could allow us to add EM Arcade games to our collections in our profiles so we can see other users who have these machines? These machines are such fascinating and fun relics and information about them is really hard to find.

#67 4 months ago

novapin Thanks! I hope it turns out really good. I wasn't actually looking to get one of these but when I saw it on kijiji I had the urge to get it, also I currently just finished up fixing a Raven so I was all out of projects.

I posted this in a separate topic but I was wondering if anyone knows how the stylus works, in particular, I was wondering if it is always touching the board with the traces? Currently I'm guessing this is the case but I don't know for sure. And does the spring just hold the stylus in place? Thanks.

#68 4 months ago
    Quoted from cperro:

novapin Thanks! I hope it turns out really good. I wasn't actually looking to get one of these but when I saw it on kijiji I had the urge to get it, also I currently just finished up fixing a Raven so I was all out of projects.
    I posted this in a separate topic but I was wondering if anyone knows how the stylus works, in particular, I was wondering if it is always touching the board with the traces? Currently I'm guessing this is the case but I don't know for sure. And does the spring just hold the stylus in place? Thanks.

The stylus is always touching the board. When it's lined up right it makes contact with one of the pads on the board and completes a circuit. I haven't dove into the electrical logic part of this yet, that will be a whole other adventure

#69 4 months ago

Thanks dudah. Do you also happen to know what coil is needed for the recoil mechanism on the rifle? Still waiting for my schematics and I couldn't immediately see a number on the coil that's already with the rifle.

Edit: I may have found something on the coil that says G 22 1150? It's a bit hard to read. I haven't been able find this particular coil online either so if thats the case were you able to use a substitute. I've seen a williams D 22 1150 but don't know if that would actually be the same physical size. Any Suggestions?

#70 4 months ago

Check either pinrepair or pin Wiki to understand coil numbers better. The letter is a bobbin size, the next two numbers are the wire gauge, and the last number is the number of turns.

Quoted from cperro:Thanks dudah. Do you also happen to know what coil is needed for the recoil mechanism on the rifle? Still waiting for my schematics and I couldn't immediately see a number on the coil that's already with the rifle.
    Edit: I may have found something on the coil that says G 22 1150? It's a bit hard to read. I haven't been able find this particular coil online either so if thats the case were you able to use a substitute. I've seen a williams D 22 1150 but don't know if that would actually be the same physical size. Any Suggestions?

#71 4 months ago

@stashyboy Thanks. I think I'll just have to look around and see whats available online that may be able to replace that. I'm not 100% sure that the letter in front stands for the size for midway coils since flippers.com shows different midway coils starting with G that are clearly different sizes. I'll have to look into this further.

Also, I was still wondering if anyone knows the type of spring to get with the stylus I have linked earlier in post #63 (https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/stylus-p-843). Still don't know what would fit the stylus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 199.99
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 9.10
    $ 19.99
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside