PB012067_(resized).JPG
PB012069_(resized).JPG
PB012070_(resized).JPG
PB012071_(resized).JPG
PB012072_(resized).JPG
PB152158_(resized).JPG
DSC03995_(resized).JPG
DSC03994_(resized).JPG
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

It's hard for me to believe that I have been working on this for over a month. It really seems like a couple of weeks - honest.

*Drum roll please* "TA DA!"

Followed by applause! Yea

This, not very dusty, old gem looks and plays great.

The dealer always seems to have a loaded hand.....

I think this house is stacked.

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Followed by applause! Yea
This, not very dusty, old gem looks and plays great.
The dealer always seems to have a loaded hand.....
I think this house is stacked.
Thanks for sharing, Jeremy

I'm glad you were able to make it over

Yep, the dealer is a tough one to beat. How ever in all fairness, I do have the difficulty settings at their toughest (I like a challenge!)

Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving

2 months later
#53 8 years ago

Here's a nice update - free play mod is done! The goals for this were - Don't drill any holes in the coin door, or add a credit button like other Williams games use. My solution was to use a micro switch that was actuated by the coin return lever. After studying things I learned there is a ton of room behind the coin mech and the door. Enjoy the photos-

-The start
P1302348_(resized).JPGP1302348_(resized).JPG
-the switch
P1302350_(resized).JPGP1302350_(resized).JPG
It's even a Cherry brand!
P1302349_(resized).JPGP1302349_(resized).JPG
Wires hooked up and ready to install
P1302351_(resized).JPGP1302351_(resized).JPG
Installed
P1302352_(resized).JPGP1302352_(resized).JPG
Lots of space
P1302353_(resized).JPGP1302353_(resized).JPG
Outside appearance unchanged and it will still take dimes
P1302347_(resized).JPGP1302347_(resized).JPG

#54 8 years ago

Genius! That looks great Jeremy.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Genius! That looks great Jeremy.

Thanks! Sometimes I get it right

2 weeks later
#56 8 years ago

Been playing quite a bit of Top Hand this weekend. I don't know why It must be the challenge as I have it set to play fast and various features are set to a harder level. Plus having a 5 ball game that ends at only 800 points really gets the blood pumping

Tonight I decided to tackle a random sticking roll over button

P2142445_(resized).JPGP2142445_(resized).JPG

This button would release after you hit the flipper but it was still irritating. Turns out there was a lip on the amber ring that the button would get caught on A few twists with my sanding tool

P2142447_(resized).JPGP2142447_(resized).JPG

And bingo!

P2142446_(resized).JPGP2142446_(resized).JPG

No more sticking button. Plus I also touched up the other side as that had a lip on it but never stuck.

P2142448_(resized).JPGP2142448_(resized).JPG

I did have some 3000 point games and won a few extra balls to boot. Plus I changed the dealer's difficulty from hard to medium (less chance of him (or her) having a full house). But I haven't topped this years high score of 4,044. And I like it that way - a good challenge

3 months later
#57 7 years ago

This is a great thread with excellent pics. I've learned a lot, and it inspired me to pick up a Full House project. It's a nonworking machine with a severed power cord, so I haven't seen it powered up. I don't have any confidence in a previous owner's wiring around the flipper mech (the left flippers switch stack was installed backwards), so I'm asking for reference pictures.

I'm going to order a flipper kit from PBR, but I'd like to see how a working machine is wired. I'm looking for pictures that can show me the wires on the flipper coil and switch stack. I'd also like to see are pictures of how the sling shots wires are connected.

For instance, should a wire connect the flipper coil and the sling shot coil?

This what I'm seeing on my Full House.

DSC03995_(resized).JPGDSC03995_(resized).JPGDSC03994_(resized).JPGDSC03994_(resized).JPGDSC03997_(resized).JPGDSC03997_(resized).JPG

Thank you for any pictures you can post! I appreciate it.

#58 7 years ago

Wow, thank you for the compliment
That last pic of yours showing the switches - those things are really mangled

Let's see what I got for you-
-final assembly
PB152158_(resized).JPGPB152158_(resized).JPG
LH side as viewed when playing - slings already removed in these photos but you can see the hot wire that shares the flipper power hanging free- (it's connected to the red wires on the coil)
PB012069_(resized).JPGPB012069_(resized).JPG
PB012072_(resized).JPGPB012072_(resized).JPG
PB012070_(resized).JPGPB012070_(resized).JPG
RH side
PB012067_(resized).JPGPB012067_(resized).JPG
PB012071_(resized).JPGPB012071_(resized).JPG
PB012066_(resized).JPGPB012066_(resized).JPG
More about the slings in the following post

#59 7 years ago

Here's the sling setup-
- hot taken from the hot side of the flipper coil to one lug on the sling. The other lug on the sling coil goes to the first switch. From this same switch lug it jumps to the other switch. The connection to complete the circuit comes through the base of the sling switches.
-Both sides are setup the same
PA312049_(resized).JPGPA312049_(resized).JPG

#60 7 years ago

Another note about the slings. On this game the slings have such a huge area that the slightest nudge of the ball would set them off. I had to max out the switch gap just to get a chance to hit the ball with the flippers. Food for thought.

#61 7 years ago

These are going to be so helpful! Thank you for taking the time to post them.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

These are going to be so helpful! Thank you for taking the time to post them.

You're welcome. Post a pick of your wiring when you get it done.

4 months later
#63 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

You're welcome. Post a pick of your wiring when you get it done.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That last pic of yours showing the switches - those things are really mangled

I went from this.

DSC05413 (resized).JPGDSC05413 (resized).JPG

To this.

DSC05467 (resized).JPGDSC05467 (resized).JPG

It took awhile to get the wiring done, but your pictures made all the difference. Thanks, again. The flippers and pops are much stronger after being rebuilt.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I had to max out the switch gap just to get a chance to hit the ball with the flippers. Food for thought.

I had to do the same thing.

This game is a lot more fun to play than I anticipated! I was just going to leave the cabinet alone (it had been sanded and repainted by a PO), but I think it deserves better. So, it's time to make some stencils for my first respray...
DSC05440 (resized).JPGDSC05440 (resized).JPG

#64 7 years ago

Thank you so much for letting us know how it went! Looking great! I really got to make a game play video one of these days.

1 month later
#65 7 years ago

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to post that I almost got the respray done. I just ran out of time. It's too cold to spray paint in the garage in December... hopefully I'll get the green W design on the front of the cab in the spring. (The red isn't so splotchy in real life).

Cad-kid, your thread was invaluable to me. I used so much of your advice and your ideas. For example, I have the exact same power switch set-up now.

Thanks again!

DSC05669 (resized).JPGDSC05669 (resized).JPGDSC05671 (resized).JPGDSC05671 (resized).JPG

Pinside Rules!

#66 7 years ago

Jeremy is a good egg for sure. That Full House looks great!

#67 7 years ago

Just noticed that a plastic set is coming soon for Top Hand / Full House

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Full_House.html

I'm in for at least the Slot reel cover, probably the whole set.

#68 7 years ago

I'm also interested in a coin mech.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to post that I almost got the respray done. I just ran out of time. It's too cold to spray paint in the garage in December... hopefully I'll get the green W design on the front of the cab in the spring. (The red isn't so splotchy in real life).
Cad-kid, your thread was invaluable to me. I used so much of your advice and your ideas. For example, I have the exact same power switch set-up now.
Thanks again!

Pinside Rules!

Your cab looks great! You're not hijacking the thread at all. Thanks for posting.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Just noticed that a plastic set is coming soon for Top Hand / Full House
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Full_House.html
I'm in for at least the Slot reel cover, probably the whole set.

That's cool a set will be made. I got lucky with my machine as the plastics are very good.

#71 7 years ago

I'm also interested in a coin mech.

The coin mech is a vending machine and jukebox industry standard unit. The little funnel at the top is specific to this coin door.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

The coin mech is a vending machine and jukebox industry standard unit. The little funnel at the top is specific to this coin door.

ebay.com link: Old Jukebox Arcade 5 10 25 Cent COIN MECHANISM

Like this one?

#73 7 years ago

ebay.com link » Old Jukebox Arcade 5 10 25 Cent Coin Mechanism
Like this one?

The main body of that unit would work, the extensions at the top would need to be removed. See if you have a local jukebox collector in the area or a machine operator who might have an old unit laying around. I have a box full of old, used units that are collecting dust.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

The main body of that unit would work, the extensions at the top would need to be removed. See if you have a local jukebox collector in the area or a machine operator who might have an old unit laying around. I have a box full of old, used units that are collecting dust.

If you could sell me one, that would be great, Lot me know.

#75 7 years ago

If you could sell me one, that would be great, Lot me know.

I will take a look tonight. I will send you a PM. Thanks

1 year later
#76 5 years ago

I've been enjoying Top Hand over the last year. One issue was a small adjustment that was needed on the 1000th score reel so it would properly zero.

The other one is an ongoing issue with the ball count unit - sometimes subtracts 2 balls instead of one - I may try loosening up the spring. I have fully torn it down and removed all the old lube. Unfortunately it's not a constantly recurring issue. Just creeps up every now and then.

April 14th 2008 I took it to the Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) in Milwaukee. It got 200 plays and worked great all 3 days of the show!

One last thing, for the MGC show I took a clear strip of plastic and vinyl letters (picked up at Hobby Lobby) to make a custom sign for the blank space in the backbox - it turned out great.

20180504_064905[1] (resized).jpg20180504_064905[1] (resized).jpg

Here's a video my friend and I had a lot of fun making. Enjoy

#77 5 years ago

I really enjoyed this resto thread and in particular the video of game play. This is one I've never played and so would never have been aware of the great gameplay. Looks like a real shooters game. It always warms my heart when one of these classics is brought back to excellent playing condition. Thanks for documenting.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

I really enjoyed this resto thread and in particular the video of game play. This is one I've never played and so would never have been aware of the great gameplay. Looks like a real shooters game. It always warms my heart when one of these classics is brought back to excellent playing condition. Thanks for documenting.

You're welcome. And thank you for the excellent post

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1966-williams-top-hand-aab-cards-babes-the-old-west/page/2?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.