New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 217194)

1966 williams casanova shoot again, and again, and again...

By oilspot

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1526668452710-1448233197 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

My ratty old Casanova beater is almost all working. Down to a couple maddening problems now. The shoot again relay is driving me batty. I have it working in theory, relay locks on, trip arch switch and relay releases, but in practice it only releases once in a while. I'be adjusted the lock-on switch at the relay and the arch switch to hair-trigger, added a spring to the relay armature, and lightened the shooter rod spring. I am running out of hair to pull out

#4 2 years ago

When the arch switch is tripped, it arcs visibly. Tripping it by hand works every time, but the ball whizzing by doesnt sdim to open the switch for an adequate time to permit the relay to release. Yet I can't slow the ball travel down enough with the shooter rod spring and still permit it to reach the top of the playfield. If the ball is rolled slowly through the switch it works. I'm thinking of lowering the voltage to the hold switch with a resistor and see if that helps.

#7 2 years ago

The relay armature plate feels slightly magnetic when hand cycling the relay with power off. Addin 40 Ohm resistance to arch switch was ineffective. I'm going to try adding fish paper or cardboard between the coil core and armature and see if that buys me the additional nanosecond it needs. .and the hold switch is adjusted so it barely contacts, the playfield gate switch is adjusted so the slightest touch opens it.

#10 2 years ago

Index card inserted in relay made relay buzz loudly. So I disassembled the relay and cleaned everything, there was a bit of gunk in the contact area on the coil core. Put the armature plate on the vise and smote it a few with a finishing hammer, reassembled and readjusted. Worked five times in a row. Maybe it's fixed? Thanks to all here!

#11 2 years ago

Rolf, here's the relay, self hold switch set to just barely contact. 3 switches in all. 2 NO, and one NC. Guessing one is self hold, one is lights and NC switch is for ball counter.

1526668452710-1448233197 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 6.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 26.95
$ 7,599.00
$ 209.99
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 16.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 6.00
£ 99.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside