4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fuse_block (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Good Morning,

Just a little background.... I picked this up 2 weeks ago and started going thru it. I do have a schematic. So far, I have cleaned and rebuilt the 2 stepper units on the back panel they now advance and reset manually. The score motors were stuck, I cleaned them up and now they spin freely and reset to zero. Installed a new power toggle switch and power cord along with a fuse block, most of the clips were broken. Below is the original fuse block, notice the screw... my question is, why would that have been done, on the schematic, it shows that there is no fuse or permanent connection in that slot.
    thanks
    Steve

Fuse_block (resized).jpgFuse_block (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Because someone didn't know what they were doing. Take that screw out. It's an either/or situation with those 2 fuses. Either a fuse in the low line or one in the normal line depending on the voltage where you plug the game in at.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply... as I was just looking at it again, the writing is on the wall... kinda… the label to the left of the fuse block, DOH....

Thanks again,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1966-midway-captain-kid-fuse-block and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.