(Topic ID: 288580)

1966 Full House - Changing Flippers (modified)

By RKip455

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nomo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B36D4A3A-76D9-453B-B3FC-0DB9E1275B6D (resized).png
    3FA16715-C0DB-4A80-9A08-0C2E0C0C1EF2 (resized).png
    april 2011 machines 005 (resized).jpg
    flippers (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hello, I've just recently purchased a Williams 1966 Full House Pinball machine. My question will not be liked by originalist... but I would like to replace the original flippers with a set that would be slightly longer, same style but 1/2" longer. The table has a huge gap between the flippers and reduces the fun factor for others.

Or maybe I can install a pin bumper (not sure what they are called) between the flippers to close the gap and provide a ball save.... Thoughts?

Thanks... Randall
    flippers (resized).jpgflippers (resized).jpg

april 2011 machines 005 (resized).jpgapril 2011 machines 005 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Sorry I can't answer your question about how to change the flippers, but I will say that I had a FULL HOUSE previously and never found the flipper gap to be a problem. Maybe try reducing the table angle and slow the ball down a bit and you can learn to nudge to prevent the ball drain. It's a fun game, and the little flippers can shoot the ball all the way back to the top!

#3 3 years ago

My first small flipper EM(Spin A Card) and I joined Pinside and asked the same question. I am glad they talked me out of it.
    Rebuild the flippers, it makes a huge difference (along with JethroP advice above). Be careful about waxing this puppy, my Full House was so fast it nearly tore something up after a shop.
    Reduce the Tilt sensitivity so you can nudge this one, thats the way the gamblers playing it new learned to win.
    The central Post would be hit or miss. Many times the ball bounces back into play on its own (at least mine did).
    It isn't meant to be easy, people bet money on games like this and the best player won. Too large flippers will quickly make Full House boring (unless its for young Children. Then do it. They can be changed back easily one day.)

#4 3 years ago

Thanks Guy's, I think I'll leave this one alone as suggested.... learning how to beat the dealer, but still hard to get a 2500 point score... thanks for the feedback.
    Randall

2 weeks later
    #5 3 years ago

I have a Full House and think it’s pretty easy to win. It’s not the flipper gap, don’t change that. Are your flippers working good? When I started repairs on my game I found the flipper mounting sleeves broken, and problems with the coils and end of travel switches. I upgraded mine to an early 70’s flipper set up, because I had the parts form a parts machine. It works great.

3FA16715-C0DB-4A80-9A08-0C2E0C0C1EF2 (resized).png3FA16715-C0DB-4A80-9A08-0C2E0C0C1EF2 (resized).pngB36D4A3A-76D9-453B-B3FC-0DB9E1275B6D (resized).pngB36D4A3A-76D9-453B-B3FC-0DB9E1275B6D (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1966-full-house-changing-flippers-modified-?hl=rkip455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.