Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by way2wyrd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hi. Newbe here. Please be gentle and patient with me. Just got my first pin. 1965 Williams Teachers Pet. Everything seems to work. The problem is the 10 amp fuse that runs the lights on the under side of the play field, blows as soon as the machine has power. Any ideas will be great until I become a little more educated. Thanks

#2 12 years ago

Do you loose all lights, or just some? Playfield or backbox?

If just lights (Assuming power is good to rest of machine), I would be looking for a short or bad ground. Lamp sockets are notorious for being problematic, but this shouldn't cause you to blow a fuse.

IF you dont have one a DVM (Digital Volt Meter) is probably a good idea. You can check voltages and continuity. Also, Pinball Resource (google it), will most likely have a wiring schematic for your machine. Probably costs about $12 or so. Not a bad investment assuming you have difficulty finding the problem.

I would check voltage out of the transformer to that circuit and then look for any possible shorts.

#3 12 years ago

It seems to be all the lights on the playfield only. The back lights seem to be fine. I have 2 of the original wire schematics which I am still learning.

#4 12 years ago

check your plugs also. especially the ones in the bottom cab. make sure theyre tight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-williams-light-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.