• Latest reply 7 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-4 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My Heat Wave is missing the Bell on the Stepper Unit in the Head and was wondering if someone else with a Heat Wave could tell me if it uses what I would assume would be a 3" or 3-3/8" Bell. Also if anyone had the correct Bell to sell I would be interested.

I have included an image of a game (not mine) with the correct one.

TIA,

Ken

image-4 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

What are you doing with a Heat Wave?

Stop copying me!!

I will check tomorrow and let you know about the bell.

Marcus

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

What are you doing with a Heat Wave?
Stop copying me!!
I will check tomorrow and let you know about the bell.
Marcus

Ha! Well you need to catch up Marcus because I also have a 1962 Williams King Pin.

Thanks for looking buddy. See you next weekend.

Ken

#4 7 years ago

Obviously it's not worth fixing. Sell it to me cheap

#5 7 years ago

I bought a 3" gottlieb bell (only size i could find) and it was too small. The nylon piece on the clapper arm was also missing (I assume it was nylon), so I put a large metal washer on the arm and it worked out. The bell was quieter, if you're into that.

#6 7 years ago

I just measured mine, exactly 3".

I did not have the right arm -- it was missing the metal ring to ring the bell. I substituted a large fender washer instead, works okay but not great.

I think the metal ring is held loosely on the arm so it doesn't dampen the bell when it hits it. Probably why they all seem to be missing

John's Jukes in Vancouver had the arm part but for more than I was willing to pay.

#7 7 years ago

Man, I love that game! Too bad the place I used to play it (Mike's Mincade in Sparks NV) has closed/moved. I miss it! Good luck getting that bell!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I just measured mine, exactly 3".
I did not have the right arm -- it was missing the metal ring to ring the bell. I substituted a large fender washer instead, works okay but not great.
I think the metal ring is held loosely on the arm so it doesn't dampen the bell when it hits it

Thanks for checking.

I am lucky as everything else is there, just missing the 3" bell which I can buy at PBR when I get parts for the restore.

Thanks to everyone else who responded as well.

Ken

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-williams-heat-wave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.