3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello all,
    Hoping for some assistance on a United Cheetah shuffle alley I picked up. I got it in non working, non tested shape. I replaced the coin step up coil and coin relay coil as they were burnt. Reattached a few broken solder joints and turned it on. It briefly worked... sort of. I was able to throw a one frame and the spare then the game became unresponsive. Now after a power cycle the coin chute switch is not engaging the coin relay coil. On start up the game over coil is engaged. You can select/change games. If you manually trigger the coin relay coil start relay pulls closed, all the pins reset and the relay bank reset coil resets the game over and start relays. At this point I’d assume a game is ready to play, but you can still change the game type and throwing the puck does nothing. I’m at a bit of a loss on what the sequence of start up should be and where to go from here ? I welcome any and all info ! And please bare with my being new to these !

Thanks in advance for your time !

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gmwd:

At this point I’d assume a game is ready to play, but you can still change the game type and throwing the puck does nothing.

I believe a game can be changed until the 1st Shot Relay is energized. The 1st Shot Relay is in the Relay Bank.
    After the puck is shot, it sounds like the 1st Shot Relay isn't energizing. Is that the case, or does it energize, but
    the score motor's not turning?
    To be truthful, I go through the machines entirely, then I trouble shoot..

#3 3 years ago

Best to do an entire overhaul, complete cleaning and rebuild of every stepper, every relay in the game (clean and adjust every contact and make sure all contacts are tight on the blade. Also, the under playfield contacts will need attention. I've worked on many of these EM alleys and that is the only way to make them dependable.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I believe a game can be changed until the 1st Shot Relay is energized. The 1st Shot Relay is in the Relay Bank.
    After the puck is shot, it sounds like the 1st Shot Relay isn't energizing. Is that the case, or does it energize, but
    the score motor's not turning?
    To be truthful, I go through the machines entirely, then I trouble shoot..

It does not appear to energize. After posting i starting inspecting and it seems most of not all switches need a good cleaning. Not 100% sure I understand the desirable gap for the switches ? Any advise on general going through of these machines would be welcomed

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipit:

Best to do an entire overhaul, complete cleaning and rebuild of every stepper, every relay in the game (clean and adjust every contact and make sure all contacts are tight on the blade. Also, the under playfield contacts will need attention. I've worked on many of these EM alleys and that is the only way to make them dependable.

Thank you. I’ve gone through the step units and ensured all reels and the such are clean and free and all coils can be actuated by hand. Is there more to investigate on these types of items ?

#6 3 years ago

As an update - my lack of understanding the machine had me perplexed
    But ! I found a semi local em tech who does service calls so he is coming this weekend to do some schooling on me so I can understand how it’s suppose to work and assist me (or really me assisting him) to get it going. Super excited to learn and I appreciate the responses !

1 month later
    #7 2 years ago

Update ! Machine is close ! It can be played but occasionally skips rounds. It appears the 2nd shot coil is staying closed. To get it playing you just trip a rear switch and the round resets and the next player can play as normal. The red lights on the table turn on briefly as an aside. I’m wondering if the coil is staying magnetized or something as it appears it’s not powered but the actuator stays tight against the coil (even does this if you power off the machine in the faulted state). Thoughts ?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gmwd:

It appears the 2nd shot coil is staying closed.

Are you saying the 2nd Shot Relay is remaining in the reset position (not energizing) after shooting the 2nd shot?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-united-cheetah-shuffle-alley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.