image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys. I stared a restore on a 1965 Williams Eager Beaver EM. Playfield is 100% topside stripped and just finished ME with 99% IPA. From reading vids restoration post and many more, I feel like it's clean enough for touch up and clear coat (I have other things to do before that though). Do you guys feel the clean level is good for "permanent sealing"?

Do the whites look good enough under the plastics to leave as-is or make them super white again?

See the two spots where longer than needed screws popped thru the play field near the flippers, how do I attack this so the fibers won't move again? It's cut with a chisel flush with the pf right now. Maybe open with the screw and get some wood epoxy in the cracks, remove screw and clamp flat?

Any tips in removing the rust stains? Treat it like any ball arch repair? Sand away and local lacquer application?

Some swirl marks are now white from over sanding, is it best to match color, wipe into swirls and wipe away?

I've tried flattening the raised post areas but it doesn't seem to help. I plan to leave as-is unless someone has a better tip.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Looks like you have a pretty solid PF on your hands. The whites look pretty good to me. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

#3 8 years ago

O-din was always looking for an Eager Beaver.

rd

#4 8 years ago

There is one on ebay right now. Curious as to how much it sells for. I picked this up for $60.... It was a right time thing. We have a stern kiss and mustang at work and we are obsessed with playing on our lunch break. My coworker buddy knows I've been wanting a pin for sometime and he went out to dinner with a friend who was like "know anyone who would want a old pinball machine?" And he was a matter of fact I do.

Not many reviews on ipdb or much info on it at all so I don't know it's rarity or popularity. Before I started the restore I played it and seemed fun but all the rubber was bad and loose flipper everything. I think it will play better once restored and tuned up

3 years later
#5 4 years ago

Do you have measurments of backglass by any vhance? Or scans of it? I know its been a couple years but figured id take the chance thsnks.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Do you have measurments of backglass by any vhance? Or scans of it? I know its been a couple years but figured id take the chance thsnks.

Sold this to Odin not long after I started this thread. Sorry man.

#7 4 years ago

Any way u could get in touch somehow with him for me since u sold it to him to at least get a scan emailed to me or exact measurments

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Any way u could get in touch somehow with him for me since u sold it to him to at least get a scan emailed to me or exact measurments

He’s not on here any more these days. Sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-eager-beaver-cleanliness-color-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.