IMG_1494 (resized).JPG
MQIQ4746 (resized).JPG
IMG_1481 (resized).JPG
IMG_1411 (resized).JPG
IMG_1409 (resized).JPG
IMG_1384 (resized).JPG
IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
before-after3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

I also aquired a Bank-A-Ball quite a few years ago in similar condition to yours.

My cabinet looks to be a bit better than yours, but not by much, but my coin door was way worse than yours. Surprisingly inside the machine mechanically everything was in great shape! Also the play field is pretty nice on mine.

The machine was stored in an old garage, while "protected" from the elements, it was not a great place for it to be.

I used EvapoRust on the coin door, and it came out decent, but not prefect because of how bad it was to start with.

What did amaze me is the coin chutes and the plate around them came out almost perfect, as well as the shooter rod bracket.

I have not yet done the legs, hopefully soon I will get them done, as they are horrible also.

Also for the connector in the head, I asked the same question, and got the same answer. I guess for a few years that is the way they made the connectors just hanging unsecured.

In the short term I cleaned mine up as best as possible, checked basics like fuses and connectors, waxed the play field, fixed burnt out bulbs, added new balls, and it has been a fun game.

Maybe someday it will be my first full restore, we will see.

Enjoy it!

3 weeks later
#26 4 years ago

Not sure if this is relevant, but my Bank A Ball always makes a louder than normal buzz on the center top roll over, however both of the balls are spotted, and scoring works as it should.

It was never a game playing issue, so I guess I never investigated if it was normal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-bank-a-ball-questions?tu=Bull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.