(Topic ID: 274842)

1964 WMS River Boat - Cab artwork question.

By Vintage-Pinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kordek_archive_cabinet_art.pdf (PDF preview)
    20200809_164447 (resized).jpg
    20200809_164359 (resized).jpg
    20200802_154015 (resized).jpg
    20200802_121814 (resized).jpg
    Williams River Boat cabinet art.pdf (PDF preview)
    20200809_152535 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

My game is set up elsewhere but I'll try and go see it today and get you some answers.

#3 3 years ago

The head circles are the exact same size as the cab circles. Three inches in diameter. 20200809_152535 (resized).jpg20200809_152535 (resized).jpg

This is the right side of the head. You can transfer all the following dimensions to the left side.

The other head pieces are just a touch different. On the cab the blue design is 2 1/2 inches at the widest spot. On the head the blue design on the bottom is 2 inches at the bottom and the right one is 2 1/4 inches. At the very tip they are about the same. One half inch

The left blue design rises 11 3/4 inches to the apex on top. The right one is one inch from the bottom at the point and 20 1/8 inches at the apex on top from the bottom of the head.

The left blue design starts 3 7/8 inches from the front of the head. The right blue design is three inches from the back of the head at the point.

The red designs are 1 1/4 inches wide at the bottom. The left one is 5 1/4 inches tall. The right one is 6 3/4 inches tall. The left one starts 1 1/8 inches from the front. The right one starts 3/4 inch from the back.

The three circles are 6 7/8, 15 1/4, and and 22 inches to the bottom of the circles from the bottom of the head. They are all centered on the head left to right.

Hope this is all clear to you. If not holler at me. The game is only a short drive away and I can get whatever you need.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quercus22:

Here is the original River Boat cabinet artwork, you can scale from this.
    All the best, Richard
    [quoted image]

Interesting. Mine is completely original yet it doesn't have those comma like pieces on the head. Pictures at IPDB don't show them either.

Great job on the sanding. My experience is the wood on the early to mid 60s games for both Gottlieb and William's is higher quality than what they used later.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quercus22:

Presumably the art was changed on the actual games, also, the circles on the back box are not centred.
    It's interesting to see this stuff and it can help when restoring games that have been repainted.[quoted image]

Should have known that came from Duncan Brown. I was wondering how you had it.

I don't know what to tell you on the circles but when I put my tape on them the center of the circles was dead in the middle of the cab. If they are off center it isn't more than 1/8". I can see on the drawings they don't look centered but in actual practice they are, and since those commas are missing it's not hard for me to believe they changed the location of those too. In any case it will be close enough either way.

#14 3 years ago

Just as a followup I went back up and re-measured the circles on the head and they are indeed centered on the side of the head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1964-wms-river-boat-cab-artwork-question?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.