1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Ballypalooza
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 37 days ago
Quoted from Model237:

Bad news: I just emailed to check in with Ron, and he emailed back with, "Screener closed. Can't find any screener that meets my approval."

I called Ron to get the story. Here it is, rather interesting (please forgive any lapses/omissions - it's from memory and Ron talks fast):

Ron's screener guy at American Color Scans (ACS) kept stringing him along on the BQ job, then abruptly left ACS July 1st. ACS told Ron they can't do the job without a screener, and they are looking for a new person. But until then, they're not interested in the job. Ron's not sure they're even looking for a new screener; maybe this is how ACS quietly tiptoes away from the biz altogether..

So Ron's looking for a new screener. I asked why he needed a screener when the BQ screens are already cut, and he said they need to be recut: after 10-12 years, screens deteriorate and you get pinholes if you try printing with them.

The problem with finding a new screener is Ron has to get Gottlieb approval (Steve Young or Robert Fesjian) for both the screener and a sample backglass before Ron can begin production. But a screener/printer is going to charge a lot of $$$ to do a one-off sample, if they're even interested. Or Ron can pay to have a whole run produced and risk having Gottlieb reject them all. Either way, it's an expensive undertaking.

Ron said he'll keep me posted, and hopes a solution will turn up soon.

I also noticed an update on Ron's website: "ATTENTION: The company that was making backglasses for us has closed their doors. Therefore no product will be produced until I find a new screener that meets my standards of excellence."

Well, two words come to mind off the top of my head; "That Sucks".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albemarle, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 109.99
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 25.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside