You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23538704-64C1-40BB-9D86-9D977BC0D60E (resized).jpeg
Bowling Queen front 2 (resized).JPG
Bowling Queen rear 1 (resized).JPG
bowling queen (resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Just got a Bowling Queen with a roached BG (from the Tulsa auction).

I think Ron Webb has done these before, but no more in stock.

He said, "Bowling Queen is not on our list to redo however I will start a list in case I change my mind."

Anyone need one?

#2 6 years ago

I'm in Australia but I would have one.

#3 6 years ago

Paja, I'm willing to take receipt for you and ship to Australia (Ron won't ship overseas). I can add a second box with more padding, make a plywood box or whatever you like. Having already received another glass from Ron, I can attest he packages them very nicely.

I sent out some emails on pinballowners.com; heard back from "cpiel" - now there are three people interested. Will be emailing more folks gradually.

#4 6 years ago

Sounds great . Any idea of approx cost ?

#5 6 years ago

Current titles are mostly $275. Check out his website: http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Paja:

Sounds great . Any idea of approx cost ?

I have a brand new backglass in melbourne

#7 6 years ago

Model237 I would be interested in a Bowling Queen Back glass from Ron Webb.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Current titles are mostly $275. Check out his website: http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

Keep in mind when comparing that Ron's website price includes shipping within the continental US.

#9 6 years ago

Add me to the list. Just completed a cabinet restore with an HSA restored playfield. Only a so-so glass though.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I have a brand new backglass in melbourne

Hi Paja, are you gonna pick up that glass from your mate, Ballypinball? Or you still on the Ron Webb list?

#11 6 years ago

Hoping to get the one off Ballypinball but at this stage still on the list

#12 6 years ago

I'll take one. Wouldn't really need it but someone didn't do such a good job sealing the one I have. It yellowed over time.

#13 6 years ago

Making progress! Six people interested so far, one maybe:

Model237
dmagic198
cpiel
dave58
Electrocute
Wedgehead (on pinballowners.com)

Paja - Maybe

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the contact. Mine is not yet restored and the cab is stripped for a repaint. I think it's in nice enough condition for a repo back glass as mine is flaked. Put me down for a maybe now and I'll take a good look at the project to evaluate.

Eddie

#15 6 years ago

I am in, put me down for one

#16 6 years ago

Eight people interested, four Maybes - that's *sort of* 12!

c'mon folks - anyone else???

I'll email some international owners if no more after another week or so.

cpiel (on pinballowners.com) - Yes
dave58 - Yes
dmagic198 - Yes
EddiePi - Yes
Electrocute - Yes
Model237 - Yes
rcarlson - Yes
Wedgehead (on pinballowners.com) - Yes

MoeMan65 - Maybe
Paja - Maybe
Pinlizzy - Maybe
Swirvin in Canada (on pinballowners.com) - Maybe

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

I heard back from Ron: "... send me the list if you like and I will keep it here. I don't know a timeframe yet."

So PM me your names & addresses, then I will collect & send the resulting list to Ron.

If the four maybes on the list switch to yeses, we'll have the requisite 12 people!

2 weeks later
#18 6 years ago

I might be interested.

#19 6 years ago

Another Maybe here. Mine is players condition. Can I get a playfield with that?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Wouldn't that be nice. Playfield is decent but would buy one if Wade ever made it.

#21 6 years ago

OK, now we're down one Yes, and up 2 Maybes = 7 Yeses and 6 Maybes.

I've got the names & addresses of the 7 Yeses so far - thank you!

I'm pretty sure Ron will want 12 confirmed Yeses to proceed with the backglass.

*** Any Maybes want to move into the Yes column? ***

YES
cpiel (on pinballowners.com)
dave58
dmagic198
Electrocute
Model237
rcarlson
Wedgehead (on pinballowners.com)

MAYBE
EddiePi
MoeMan65
Pinlizzy
Swirvin in Canada (on pinballowners.com)
hawkeye11
catboxer

#22 6 years ago

You can move me from the maybe to the YES list!

#23 6 years ago

Thank you pinlizzy!

I'll go ahead and send the list of 8 to Ron, see what he says.

4 weeks later
#24 5 years ago

Just heard from Ron Webb that this will be the "First release of 2019"!

2 weeks later
#25 5 years ago

Sweet...

#26 5 years ago

I will take one, please.

Added over 4 years ago:

Sorry, I sold my game so I do not need one.

1 month later
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Just saw Micro is running Gottliebs for any playfield with 15 interested buyers. I wonder if we have the numbers and if they have films/art for BQ?

1 month later
#28 5 years ago

Is this happening? I may be interested. What is price?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Just saw Micro is running Gottliebs for any playfield with 15 interested buyers. I wonder if we have the numbers and if they have films/art for BQ?

Who is Micro? Ron alone has the rights, apparently, so I doubt any other vendor would be legit...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball419:

Is this happening? I may be interested. What is price?

No news, but Ron said this will be the "First release of 2019". Price will be around $275. If you're interested, PM me your contact info and I'll relay to Ron.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Who is Micro? Ron alone has the rights, apparently, so I doubt any other vendor would be legit...

Sorry, Autocorrect. I meant Mirco https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-is-doing-gottlieb-playfields/page/3#post-4504762

#32 5 years ago

Sorry, I misread, thought this was for backglasses. Great to hear about the playfields though!

#33 5 years ago

Hey Matt I have pm,d you regarding putting me back on the list. Cheers Paul

#34 5 years ago

Hi Paul, I just put myself down for another glass on your behalf. Will build a wooden crate and send it on to Oz...

3 months later
#35 5 years ago

Please put me down for a Bowling Queen backglass!

4 weeks later
#36 5 years ago

Update today from Ron: "Bowling Queen glass delayed, waiting for screener to notify me."

2 months later
#37 5 years ago

Another update from Ron: "Due to many unforeseen dilemmas, Bowling Queen is very delayed."

Sorry guys, that's all I got for now.

3 months later
#38 4 years ago

Latest update from Ron: "I am currently waiting for the crate, the first crate was damaged"

Anyone know what a crate is, in this context?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Latest update from Ron: "I am currently waiting for the crate, the first crate was damaged"
Anyone know what a crate is, in this context?

Its the crate of 30 backglasses in from the screener

#40 4 years ago

Please put me in for a maybe. Need to check mine in storage for condition. Thanks

2 months later
#41 4 years ago

Bad news: I just emailed to check in with Ron, and he emailed back with, "Screener closed. Can't find any screener that meets my approval."

I called Ron to get the story. Here it is, rather interesting (please forgive any lapses/omissions - it's from memory and Ron talks fast):

Ron's screener guy at American Color Scans (ACS) kept stringing him along on the BQ job, then abruptly left ACS July 1st. ACS told Ron they can't do the job without a screener, and they are looking for a new person. But until then, they're not interested in the job. Ron's not sure they're even looking for a new screener; maybe this is how ACS quietly tiptoes away from the biz altogether..

So Ron's looking for a new screener. I asked why he needed a screener when the BQ screens are already cut, and he said they need to be recut: after 10-12 years, screens deteriorate and you get pinholes if you try printing with them.

The problem with finding a new screener is Ron has to get Gottlieb approval (Steve Young or Robert Fesjian) for both the screener and a sample backglass before Ron can begin production. But a screener/printer is going to charge a lot of $$$ to do a one-off sample, if they're even interested. Or Ron can pay to have a whole run produced and risk having Gottlieb reject them all. Either way, it's an expensive undertaking.

Ron said he'll keep me posted, and hopes a solution will turn up soon.

I also noticed an update on Ron's website: "ATTENTION: The company that was making backglasses for us has closed their doors. Therefore no product will be produced until I find a new screener that meets my standards of excellence."

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Bad news: I just emailed to check in with Ron, and he emailed back with, "Screener closed. Can't find any screener that meets my approval."

I called Ron to get the story. Here it is, rather interesting (please forgive any lapses/omissions - it's from memory and Ron talks fast):

Ron's screener guy at American Color Scans (ACS) kept stringing him along on the BQ job, then abruptly left ACS July 1st. ACS told Ron they can't do the job without a screener, and they are looking for a new person. But until then, they're not interested in the job. Ron's not sure they're even looking for a new screener; maybe this is how ACS quietly tiptoes away from the biz altogether..

So Ron's looking for a new screener. I asked why he needed a screener when the BQ screens are already cut, and he said they need to be recut: after 10-12 years, screens deteriorate and you get pinholes if you try printing with them.

The problem with finding a new screener is Ron has to get Gottlieb approval (Steve Young or Robert Fesjian) for both the screener and a sample backglass before Ron can begin production. But a screener/printer is going to charge a lot of $$$ to do a one-off sample, if they're even interested. Or Ron can pay to have a whole run produced and risk having Gottlieb reject them all. Either way, it's an expensive undertaking.

Ron said he'll keep me posted, and hopes a solution will turn up soon.

I also noticed an update on Ron's website: "ATTENTION: The company that was making backglasses for us has closed their doors. Therefore no product will be produced until I find a new screener that meets my standards of excellence."

Well, two words come to mind off the top of my head; "That Sucks".

#43 4 years ago

I agree that sucks. Someone must know of somebody else that can do this?

4 months later
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I agree that sucks. Someone must know of somebody else that can do this?

There is Wade... he has done backglasses in the past as well as his amazing pfs

#45 4 years ago

Ron Webb just recently posted on his website that Bowling Queen & 2001 are in the process of being done now.

#46 4 years ago

Great, own both. Now just needs to reproduce Volley.

#47 4 years ago

Great to see Ron having backglasses reproduced again. Hopefully some other new and revisited titles will be released this year. It's been a long time between drinks for both Ron & Shay.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Great, own both. Now just needs to reproduce Volley.im in line for a 2001 , id be in for a volley too

#49 4 years ago

Just emailed Ron, screener says "ready in April".

Not sure if that means screens will be ready to print, or completed backglasses, but at least it's forward motion!

1 week later
#50 4 years ago

I just noticed that Mayfair Amusements has BQ rescreens:

http://www.mayfairamusement.com/rescreens.html

Anybody have any experience with them? I'm still waiting for Ron, was just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1964-gtb-bowling-queen-backglass-ron-webb-rescreen-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.