• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

419BB9C4-55AA-4C50-9C09-1569179666F6 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone,

I am working on a 1964 Bally Big Day 4-player. Reels reset fine when I hit the start button. Once the ball passes by the entry lane roll under gate 10 points appears on the score and the 10 point relay locks on. I move the player unit and the 10 points is added to each player.

I have gone through the switches on the playfield and slid cardstock between the leafs to make sure it wasn’t something too easy.

I inspected the score reels and the switch stacks look like they are working as they should.

I’m not familiar with this era 4-player and haven’t seen many around. I have the schematic from PBR as well.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any ideas on where I should look next?

Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Check that the EOS switch on 10pt score reel opens when reel solenoid pulls in. Sometimes the switch leaf breaks so it does not open and relay stays energized.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Check that the EOS switch on 10pt score reel opens when reel solenoid pulls in. Sometimes the switch leaf breaks so it does not open and relay stays energized.

I will check that out this evening. Thank you

#4 1 year ago

The score reels looked good and the EOS operated as it should. Not sure if it’s related, but my outhole kicker isn’t operating, but the coil reads functional for Ohms. Also, I’m unfamiliar with the early Bally score motors that aren’t drum style.

Does this photo look like there is some sort of leaf switch missin in the bottom left corner? There is a stack with nothing on it and I can’t think of what it could do.

419BB9C4-55AA-4C50-9C09-1569179666F6 (resized).jpeg419BB9C4-55AA-4C50-9C09-1569179666F6 (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago

It’s missing the motor brake.

#6 1 year ago

PBR has them. I replace one last year.

#7 1 year ago

Part number B-8306. $3.99

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from hjh632:

Part number B-8306. $3.99

Thank you so much!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1964-bally-big-day-locked-10-pt-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.