Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Firebird67
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0674(1) (resized).jpg
    20230427_184205 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0672(1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0673(1) (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 9.19.14 AM (resized).png
    IMG_7424 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7425 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7423 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2853 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Hi Everyone,
    I'm working on a pinball for a friend. the area on the play field panel where the ball is lifted up and dropped into the shooter lane is just totally worn away. Im not sure if there's anything special about this entry location or just like any other Williams pinball without a ball Lift. If anybody has any idea or a machine with the push up ball mech and can take a pic to post or send me i would much appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Dave

IMG_2853 (resized).jpgIMG_2853 (resized).jpgIMG_2854 (resized).jpgIMG_2854 (resized).jpg
    #2 6 months ago

You're missing a piece, you can see it on a similar aged Friendship 7 of mine.

IMG_7423 (resized).JPGIMG_7423 (resized).JPGIMG_7424 (resized).JPGIMG_7424 (resized).JPGIMG_7425 (resized).JPGIMG_7425 (resized).JPG
    #3 6 months ago

It's the ball stop. Page 38 of the 1962 catalog part number 1B-2572

https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/kkfc/#p=50

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 9.19.14 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-08-19 at 9.19.14 AM (resized).png

#4 6 months ago

Henry,
    You came to my aid again. Its everything I needed. Ill post some pics when done.
    Thanks Again,
    Dave

#5 6 months ago

Cool. I'll be looking for them. I see the part was 75¢ back then - wonder how much it went up since.

#6 6 months ago
    Quoted from hjh632:

Cool. I'll be looking for them. I see the part was 75¢ back then - wonder how much it went up since.

Good luck finding it.

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Good luck finding it.

PBR has many parts unlisted on their site. Worth asking.

#8 6 months ago
    Quoted from hjh632:

PBR has many parts unlisted on their site. Worth asking.

Oh sure, but that one might be a stretch. He might have it, but being a Williams it might be tougher.

I don't think that was his main issue, though, it's the totally roached groove there. You can fabricate that little stop. The groove is a bit more work. I thought that was what he were asking about. And yes on manual lifts those can get eaten up.

#9 6 months ago

The groove can be figured out. May not end up looking factory new, but close enough. And asking on Pinside's 'The EM Seeking Parts Thread' may work. I just got a 1933 coin slide off of there (from Drain1). People have lots of junk, um, spare parts around. There's usually a solution somewhere.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/199

#10 6 months ago

Hey Guys,
    I do have all the parts as I just went through everything he had boxed up and I'm in good shape. Some are a little damaged from ball wear but fixable. I think I can repair the wood alright. Traveling the next week and a half but will post my fix. Thanks for all your input!

Dave

#11 6 months ago
    Quoted from Firebird67:

Hey Guys,
    I do have all the parts as I just went through everything he had boxed up and I'm in good shape. Some are a little damaged from ball wear but fixable. I think I can repair the wood alright. Traveling the next week and a half but will post my fix. Thanks for all your input!
    Dave

This is your stuff...

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-8257-KwikWood-Stick-1/dp/B002NJDAJY/ref=asc_df_B002NJDAJY

This is what it can do...

IMG_0672(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0672(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0674(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0674(1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0673(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0673(1) (resized).jpg20230427_184205 (resized).jpg20230427_184205 (resized).jpg

#12 6 months ago

Thanks Scott, I've used that on the cabinets but hadn't thought of it for this but it is good repair material.

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1963-williams-big-daddy-playfield?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.