5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jodini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rody.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys,

I've been wanting a big ball bowler for a while now and one finally popped up in my area, less than 2 miles away.

It's a '63 United Fury, 13' lane, with the "LED" scoring (just a 44 bulb matrix but cool none the less), gutters, and the newer square front and pointy graphics.

Machine is in un-restored shape and was purchased four years ago, working condition, to be cosmetically restored by the current owner. He never got around to it. Has been stored unassembled ever since.

My questions...

Ball park a price on this guy in it's current shape?

Other than cosmetics, is there anything significantly different in checking out the mechanicals than an EM pin?

In restoring this to playing condition, I've seen limited threads suggesting about 400 bucks in parts, sound about right for a estimate?

thanks in advance for your time in answering,

rody

#3 5 years ago

I ran through a couple of old threads that gave a solid range on project bowlers from this era and had a good conversation with Doc Doom on what to expect mechanically.

Very few "new" parts exist, most parts available have been salvaged from junk games, but once adjusted correctly, should last for many many years.

No backglass available I'm afraid, so am hoping for an original in good shape upon inspection.

Wish me luck...

r

#5 5 years ago

Update..

well, the bowler was rough. All the original art had been painted over with dark brown oil based, the coin mech box hacked, and the pin box was broken in half as something heavy had fallen on it. Firm at 1350.00...

I knew right away there was no way we would meet on price, so took some time to educate him on the particular features of the machine, the work necessary to get it up and running, and let him know that if he tires of it sitting around in another year, to give me a call.

Back on the prowl.

r

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

ball bowler video help:

Clay,

I hold you partly responsible for my current predicament, if my wife and daughter had not played your bowler at the VFW weekend I'd never be looking for one

That vid, and the balance of the collection, are on my wish list for my birthday next month.

Quoted from jodini:

Looks like there is another nice one in sort of in your area...for a great price! : akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Left a message on this one, we'll see what pans out.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

The experience I had with Doc was not too helpful

Doc has been very helpful in answering questions and sharing knowledge, as have almost all I've encountered who share of love of coin op.

thanks all,

r

#15 5 years ago

The bowler in Canton sold the first day, seller chose not to take down the add until he tired of people contacting him.

Thanks to all who have pm'd with options, gonna explore some of these and see if I can't get a bowler in my future

r

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    $ 209.99
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rody.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside