5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SergioJ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CF81EABE-AFE1-45D1-B68E-10B899E3F9E1 (resized).jpeg
    54FA462F-5A6C-4F3E-95FC-746CD6F1F4D2 (resized).jpeg
    232A7752-CE5E-4970-AAEF-084ECBB2C30B (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi. I have acquired a 1963 Star jet pinball machine. It is fully functional but not perfect. Was wanting a fair market value for this machine in working but not restored condition. It is serial #1009. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago
    232A7752-CE5E-4970-AAEF-084ECBB2C30B (resized).jpeg232A7752-CE5E-4970-AAEF-084ECBB2C30B (resized).jpeg54FA462F-5A6C-4F3E-95FC-746CD6F1F4D2 (resized).jpeg54FA462F-5A6C-4F3E-95FC-746CD6F1F4D2 (resized).jpegCF81EABE-AFE1-45D1-B68E-10B899E3F9E1 (resized).jpegCF81EABE-AFE1-45D1-B68E-10B899E3F9E1 (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

Looks like the game is in fair condition based on the limited pics. Dirty but intact playfield, some flaking in the back glass, solid cabinet.

These do not come up often, and when they do they can generate some excitement. I’ve seen complete games in this condition sell at $1500 and up. So much depends on your location, willingness to ship, and ability to provide very detailed photographs to prospective buyers.

So, is this a keeper or are you looking to move it along?

Mark me interested if it’s looking for a new home, please.

#4 5 years ago

This machine is the holy grail of EMs for many for several reasons.

I was looking for a long time and almost pulled the trigger on a real nice restored one a few years ago. Kind of got over it though.

Backglass not an issue because A Shay repro is available.

I'm thinking $2000 minimum. And that would probably sell it fast.

#5 5 years ago

Yep. High value EM title. Art is amazing- one of the best ever.

To me, the difference in final sale price will be playfield condition.

So is this a pre for sale thread?if so, where is this located.

If not- congrats on a super cool art package and enjoy it!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Backglass not an issue because A Shay repro is available.

Been sold out for years

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Been sold out for years

Where there's a will, there's a way.

ebay.com link: New Reproduction Perfect Bally Star Jet Pinball Back Glass

#8 5 years ago

Note that the back glass on this is an “early production” or “sample” version. It’s missing the orange screen that was layered over top of the yellow so repro wouldn’t exactly be the same. I’ve got the sample game pictured in IPDB. The colors on the plastics on mine were also substantially different but these seem to be production.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1963-star-jet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.