• YES - I'd like two playfields 2 votes
    6%
  • NO - not interested 22 votes
    65%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_191999260417321 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Speaking with Wade Krause, he will make new playfields for Slick Chick if there are at least 20 playfield requests.

Wade has reproduced many Gottlieb EM playfields, some include Kings & Queens, Atlantis, El Dorado, Gold Strike, Sing Along etc. The quality of the playfields he produces is second to none, absolutely outstanding work.

If you would like a new Slick Chick playfield, please indicate your interest here.

#3 7 years ago

That makes 3 playfields spoken for. 17 to go.

SteveinTexas did you say you wanted one, then vote no? Or did someone else vote without posting?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i tried to get this reproduce a while back. the best i could come up with at the time is 9 people.
good luck this time, i currently don't have a chicky so i really don't need one.

Oh ok, hopefully those 9 will step up again and a few more. For such a great and sought after game I thouught this one would have been a no brainer.

1 year later
#11 6 years ago

Thanks guys. That's six on the list. Hopefully we can get a few more to make this happen.

10 months later
#14 5 years ago

That's good news, another interested owner. I'm amazed that this title has attracted more interest.

#17 5 years ago

That's 7 playfields spoken for now. We need 13 more interested in a new playfield to make this happen.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52

#19 5 years ago

Beauty that's another, thanks pinhead52.

1 year later
#22 3 years ago

Thanks for chiming in sparkaruss and Svendtube .

That's 9 playfields spoken for now, assuming everyone on the list is still keen. We need 11 more interested to make this happen.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube

1 year later
#26 1 year ago

Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. Thanks to Quercus22 Quercus22 , bigdaddy2000 and doghouse for expressing their interest.

That brings the total to 12 playfields, assuming everyone on the list is still keen. We need 8 more to make this happen. Essentially once there are 20 confirmed orders, I'll speak with Wade and ask if he can add Slick Chick to his list for future reproduction.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse

#30 1 year ago

UPDATE - Thanks to EJS, gameroomfan & EasternBloc for expressing their interest.

That brings the total to 15 playfields, assuming everyone on the list is still keen. We need 5 more to make this happen. As the numbers get closer to 20, I will contact those that expressed interest early to see if they are still willing to commit.

Essentially, once there are 20 confirmed orders, I'll speak with Wade again and ask if he can add Slick Chick to his list for future reproduction.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc

#33 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for your interest pinballplusMN and ChrisHibler .

That brings the total to 17 playfields, assuming everyone on the list is still keen. We need 3 more to make this happen. When we get 2 more expressions of interest, I will reconfirm with each of you on the list and then speak with Wade.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc
pinballplusMN
ChrisHibler

#36 1 year ago

Good news, we now at 18 playfields thanks to Svendtube for increasing 2 playfields. Just 2 more to make the total 20.

Pinballer73 x2
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube x 2
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc
pinballplusMN
ChrisHibler

1 week later
#39 1 year ago

PM's have just been sent to all of the following people that have expressed interest in a reproduction Gottlieb Slick Chick playfield. For anyone else wanting a playfield, it's not too late to be added to the list. Wade requires a minimum of 20 playfields, to date there is enough interest for 18 playfields. Hopefully at least another 2 people want to order a playfield for their game.

SteveinTexas
Blutarsky
timarnold
KingofKoopas
pinhead52
sparkaruss
Svendtube
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc
pinballplusMN
ChrisHibler

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Im there. Stu we could do a prebuy of 25...

pinhead52 Hi Ken, please drop me a line if you have an idea in mind.

#41 1 year ago

All contact information received has been passed onto Wade. He's very pleased that so many people are interested in a playfield for this game, and he's really keen to start as it's one of his favorite games.

Sounds like once he completes the Surfer/Surf Champ playfields, this one will be next, if everyone that's expressed interest follows up with a deposit. Hopefully before the end of the year, we'll all have nice new Slick Chick playfields.

Still waiting to hear from the following people gameroomfan , bigdaddy2000 , KingofKoopas and timarnold

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Blutarsky:

Just for fun: Wade mentioned to me that he owns a Slick Chick. Loves the game except for the post that some previous vandal had installed between the flippers. Haven't seen the amount of the required deposit. Can you advise, please?

Makes it so much easier that Wade doesn't have to source a playfield to copy. I don't believe that Wade has a set amount for a deposit, I do know some have sent $200 or $250, whilst others have paid in full.

#44 1 year ago

Thanks bigdaddy2000 for responding via PM. There are now 16 confirmed, including two people that contacted Wade directly following his latest email to established playfield buyers.

Hopefully the following people will add to that list, based on their earlier expression of interest in this thread gameroomfan , KingofKoopas and timarnold .

#45 1 year ago

A brief update from Wade. timarnold has confirmed interest. That brings the total to 17 confirmed playfield purchases. We are closing in on the 20 required.

4 months later
#49 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Allrighty then. Count me in for a playfield!

Will do NicoVolta . Please send me your name & address details via PM and I'll forward them onto Wade to be added to the list. Or alternatively, if you have been in contact with Wade previously, please forward your details onto him directly.

2 months later
#52 1 year ago
Quoted from cperro:

Is it still possible to get added to this list?

Yes, most definitely. Thanks for your interest, I've added your name to the list and sent you a PM requesting further details.

4 months later
#54 11 months ago
Quoted from Scottopus:

Just picked up a SC with a clearcoat that has yellowed and dulled all the colors. PM'd Pinballer73 required information to add me to the list. Am interested in replacement plastic sets which appear to be currently sold out.
[quoted image]

Thanks Scottopus . Will add your name to the list and ask Wade for an update once I receive your email address via PM.

Anyone else interested in reproduction SC playfield?

#55 11 months ago

Updated the list. We now at 19 playfields thanks to interest from cperro and Scottopus . Just 1 more needed to make the total of 20 that Wade requires.

Pinballer73
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube x 2
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc
pinballplusMN
ChrisHibler
cperro
Scottopus

#57 11 months ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Amazing you’ve been after this for 6 years! Talk about perseverance !
Had one of these a coupe years back. Beautiful game.

Yes, it's been a while that's for sure. Hopefully not too much longer until Wade can schedule this into his reproduction que. I'm hopeful as he says it is one of his favorite games.

#59 11 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sorry… crazy busy here. Can’t recall if I made contact with Wade about this, but I’d be #20.

Ok. Please forward me your name and email address via PM and I will run it by Wade.

2 months later
#61 9 months ago
Quoted from scottpinball:

I would for sure take one if it's not too long. I acquired a game 6 weeks ago and will restore it this fall/winter. Thanks

Thanks for your interest, I will add you to the list and send you a PM shortly.

#63 8 months ago
Quoted from Scottopus:

Pinballer73 - Have you heard anything from Wade?

I emailed him earlier today with the updated list. I will report back once he has replied.

6 months later
#64 76 days ago

Apologies for not updating the thread sooner. As some of you will already know, unfortunately Wade has had some family issues of late. That coupled with working through the various supply & product issues he's had with materials has set the playfield reproduction process back. Hopefully in the near future he will again be able to focus on playfield reproduction as his work is 2nd to none. He's keen to do Slick Chick as it's one of his favorite games.

#66 74 days ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Add me to the list

Will do, thanks for your interest.

#67 73 days ago

Current list. We now at 20 playfields.

Pinballer73
SteveinTexas
BluTarsky
Timarnold
KingoKoopas
Pinhead52
Sparkaruss
Svendtube x 2
Quercus22
bigdaddy2000
doghouse
EJS
gameroomfan
EasternBloc
pinballplusMN
ChrisHibler
cperro
Scottopus
Knxwledge

#68 73 days ago

Hopefully Wade will get ontop of the issues currently preventing him from making playfields. Quality materials are one thing and Wade is working his way through solutions to those. Family comes 1st, please give Wade time, I'm sure he'll come back to these passion projects given some time.

#70 73 days ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

This thread was started 7 years ago, I dont think waiting a little more will be a problem. Wishing well for him and his family. Would he ever consider doing another run of a game he's done in the past?

I'm sure he will at some stage, as he's done before with a few titles. Currently he's working his way through Strange World & Surf Champ.

1 month later
#72 25 days ago

To the best of my knowledge nothing has change and Wade is still working through rectifying his process amongst other activities that pay the bills. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1963-gottlieb-slick-chick-new-playfield-poll?tu=pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.