New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267552)

1963-64 Mambo United Shuffle Alley

By rockman8739

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2038 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2036a (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I just purchased this shuffle alley and was told that it works but it is stuck at player 1. I am a super newbie and when I describe things I know that I will not be using the proper terminology to please forgive me... So, I brought it home, plugged it in, and the motor to reset the pins kept running even after the pins were reset. I did put a shot of contact cleaner in there and that resolved that problem but now when I turn it on it stays in game over and when I push the coin pin it will not start the game, it just moves to player 6 and then stops... Nothing is resetting, the pins won't go up... Can someone help me out? I would love to know how to put everything back to the default and work from there. It seems that a lot of the relays were touched and need to be reset somehow.

#2 6 months ago

I have a United Mambo as well and have yet to get it fully operational but it's a lot closer than it was when I got it.

I used many of the techniques outlined here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm specifically working on the stepper units. a couple good videos in there as well

Careful with the contact cleaner it is highly flammable and not recommended especially if the game is energized.

Welcome to Pinside other members here have a better understanding than I of the startup sequence for these puck bowlers ... hopefully this thread will help me get off my duff and finish this project so I thank you for starting it.

Manually actuate all the stepper units see if they move freely

#3 5 months ago

Thank you so much for your response... How do I manually actuate all of the stepper units? I think I may have done that already but not sure...

#4 5 months ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#emsteppersvideo

My steppers were all gummed up when I received it. I saw that at some point in it's life it had been serviced as there were paint marker arrows on the fingers to aid with reassembly but that grease had congealed.

There is some sort of latching mechanism with a spring attached to the closest stepper in a pic I provided.

In another image I just wanted to show a service mode ... The backglass frame easily lifts off it's hinges. There are a couple of sliding latches at the very top of the back box and the interior will hinge down to rest above the bowling pin housing. ... it is very heavy so have a good grasp of it

IMG_2036a (resized).jpgIMG_2038 (resized).JPG
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.95
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Decals
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Beehive Pinball Co.
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Bat-Signal Projector Out of stock
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside