Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62 World Series Cabinet Paint 2.JPG
62 World Series Cabinet Paint.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I am planning to repaint this games cabinet and head. So how did they originally add the 'splatter' for use of a better word. And the follow up is how do I replicate?

Please correct me on the correct term if it is not splatter, flecking or webbing.

62 World Series Cabinet Paint.JPG62 World Series Cabinet Paint.JPG
62 World Series Cabinet Paint 2.JPG62 World Series Cabinet Paint 2.JPG

Post edited by SteveinTexas: Revised Title

#2 9 years ago

Anyone point me on how to replicate this splatter technique?

#5 9 years ago

Alex,

I searched here a few different times before posting, but without a picture posted its hard to know if this finish was being discussed. It looks to have been originally a spray gun technique possibly like webbing.

I am showing the paint under the side rails in the pic's so it should be the original.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

This is a Williams game not Gottlieb but to my eyes it is probably similar to Clay's splatter example, definitely not a webbing.

I have completed an early 50's Williams and a Bally 60's repaint, I was been able to replicate the dot type splatter with a trimmed small brush and just flicked the paint on.

I think Cash you are spot on, just practice as before using Clay's technique for splatter until I get it to work out.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from emguy:

The part of the cabinet shown in the photo looks to be in really good condition. Why the desire for a full re-paint?

Its a fair question. Overall the cabinet is not in good condition. It needed some new wood panels and still needs plenty of cabinet repair. I took pictures of the best painted parts that show the original paint.

It is part of a larger restore project that was a topic 2 months ago here on pinside. Here is the link that shows some of the cabinet as is. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1962-world-series-pinball-restore-story

I enjoy the painting part except cutting out stencils as well as the mechanical restore. Its for my permanent collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1962-world-series-pitch-and-bat-game-cabinet-painting-flecking-question?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.