• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Big-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi all.

I purchased a 1962 Williams World Series Pitch & Bat earlier this year from a restorer who had purchased a group of these machines from the arcade in Garden City, SC. For the most part, the machine seems to be functioning fine. There are a few features that would be nice to have functioning, but are not necessary to enjoy playing the game. I will be tweaking those things gradually...

Recently, the score got stuck on 00 and would not advance when runs were scored. I popped off the back and have discovered that the reset coil is not firing on the run step-up unit. Looking for some tips on where to begin to diagnose/fix the problem. Question: should the reset coil fire and reset the stepper at game reset, or is it triggered once the stepper wheel goes as far as it can go?

Anyway, even though I have been playing this game for decades (including the row of them that used to exist in Garden City, SC), I am brand new to repair/restoration, so please be gentle. Any tips/advice/direction is much appreciated.

1 week later
#2 1 year ago

If it played before it sounds like the step up coil may have jammed in the coil. Probably not this but can happen.

If not that then runs scored switches are under the running man. It is easy to pull the assembly out by unhooking the jones plugs that go to the light box and are in the way. There are also two carriage bolts that retain the running man either side and have butterfly nuts. Remove both and the assembly can be slid out and brought to the bench.

Check the switches that the men trigger especially the last run scoring switch it is usually that.

Let us know if it is that. If not we need pictures of the relays at the back of the running man.

Good luck.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply.

The run step up coil is working fine. The problem is with the reset coil - it never resets the step wheel. What triggers the reset coil? Does it reset at game start each time, or is it triggered once the wheel goes as far as it can?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 6.00
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 156.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside