IMG_9847 (resized).jpg
IMG_9844 (resized).jpg
scan copy 11 (resized).jpg
IMG_9665 (resized).jpg
IMG_9667 (resized).jpg
IMG_9666 (resized).jpg
Pitch Unit Spring (resized).jpg
scan copy 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

Nice job. I just finished up on a Williams Gulfstream and know it takes a good amount of time to get an assembly looking that clean.

Thanks
Blake

#13 3 years ago

After your rust removal do you plan on coating it with a clear? The trough assembly on my Gulfstream was very rusty and much of the zinc/nickle plating was gone (mice piss does a number). So after cleanup and polish I hit it with a few light coats of Polyclear (sanding between coats) to stop any future tarnishing.

thanks
Blake

#15 3 years ago

Eastwood plating, I have not heard of that. Might be looking into it myself.

Parts cleaned up nicely. New plunger will probably be night and day difference.

Thanks
Blake

#22 3 years ago

Very nice work. I bet that tightened everything up.

Thanks
Blake

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I recently received the Eastwood plating kit, and I'm not too thrilled with the results. If any parts have pitting, this will not cover or fill in those areas. After hand polishing with the polish that is included, a light buff with a dremel wire wheel will improve the shine a bit.
When dipping the item you want to plate in the bath, you sometimes have to keep rotating it away from the anode because heavy build up with occur nearest the anode.
This system is affordable over having everything professionally plated, but the results aren't going to be pristine like new.

So the pitted holes did not take on the zinc or nickle platting? Were the parts sand blasted previously? Not sure what poslish was included but I have been using Brasso with good results. Here are some of the results I got reconditioning joystick shafts. Used a sanding block (150 grit) first to remove rust or abrasions. Used Novus for the ball/bat tops.

Thanks
Blake
5CF27757-904B-4253-98F3-EDE817B590D1 (resized).jpg5CF27757-904B-4253-98F3-EDE817B590D1 (resized).jpgDCCF3D45-F7B9-4A93-800C-ABEEE2F39F60 (resized).jpgDCCF3D45-F7B9-4A93-800C-ABEEE2F39F60 (resized).jpg

#30 3 years ago

Yes tumbler with walnut media and some Novus 3 or mother’s will probably work like magic.

For hand sanding I like to use varatex or the green scotch brite pads. For some rougher items I will use a steel wheel, sanding spong or whatever grit sandpaper I feel is necessary to remove the major issues. I start with the heavy duty and work my way to the finer grits. It helps polish out before even adding something like Brasso.

The pitting won’t go away but you would think if the cavities were clear of rust and debris that the plating would cover and hide a lot.

Also I bet a buffing wheel utilized in a drill or dremel would make a difference while doing a final polish.

Thanks
Blake

#33 3 years ago

Looking at the photos I can't see the difference. I have no experience on these pitching units so I won't be of much help.

Thanks
Blake

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

My error was reversing the 2 Stop Dogs while re-assembly. The circled stem gets pushed outward as the cam turns, releasing the spring tension on the Pitch Arm.
[quoted image]

Oh I see now. Cool. Easy fix once you figured it out.

Thanks
Blake

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1962-williams-world-series-resto-begins?tu=blake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.