Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molokovellocet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi, hope someone can help me with this. I have a 1961 William Ten Spot that has a stuck first Reel, 1 point relay and selection unit, which are all holding and buzz. I have gone over all Steper units and cleaned them, I went over every target, pop bumper, roll over etc, and nothing appears to be stuck on top and under playfield. When start is pushed it goes through the reset cycle, score motor starts, reels reset, Game relay (this is the only other relay I see that trips, is it supposed to?). Then the score reel, the 1 point relay and selection unit engage but do not advance or release until the power is turned off, when power is turned off it register 1 point, when restarted it resets and this goes on and on. I have disassembled the score reel and cleaned it, the coil in it is not the correct coil, I am not sure if that can cause the issue or if it is something else. I am hoping someone can offer some assistance I am not great with EM's

#4 8 years ago

Ralph67 and Dr_of_Style thank you for the advice, im gonna try removing the plastics,move been trying to avoid having to remove them since I just put it together, I checked them and they looked fine but I really can't get the best look while they are on. The plastics are warped, so it maybe pushing the switch back. It does stop when I unplug the playfield so it has to be something related to points registering but it could also be the 1 point relay as well, right?

#6 8 years ago

Thank you AlexF I'm going to check them again, I went over those pretty well, I'm guessing its something under one of the plastics though I'm going to start going over them one by one

#9 8 years ago

Ralph67 and rolf_martin_062 Thank you both so much for the advice, that was exactly the problem, it was a one point switch under a playfield plastic, I had gone over them all when I tore down the playfield, but the plastics are warped from improper storage and not being in use for a long time. The plastic was bending the leaf switch in as well as the tension blade was bent a little to much so when I but the new bands on it pulled it in to tight where it was making contact. Every function is now working, I just have to go over some bulb sockets that don't seem to be making proper contact at all times and I just ordered parts to rebuild the flippers. Any of you ever deal with warped plastics? I want to be careful with them since I highly doubt there is a replacement set to be found. After cleaning them with Novus they look great but the paint is old a brittle, I'm thinking maybe remove them, spray the backs with clear coat, after they are dry, using a heat gun to warm them to the point where they are malleable enough then place them between two boards with wax paper under and over plastic and putting some weights on top hoping that when they cool back and sit under the weight they will straighten out? They aren't horrible but one of the triangle plastics on the bottom kicker extends and get stuck at some points.

I added a couple pics in too, it's coming along nice considering the condition it was in and I have put less than 100 into it, I stripped the legs and coin door that were painted red to conceal the pitting and rust, tore down the playfield clean and waxed it, replaced all the bulbs, got new leg levelers and bolts, rubbers and balls etc. next step is going to be a repaint to original specs if anyone knows the colors to use please let me know. It's just like ivory White, Red and has the silver splatter all over. Then I am going to try doing some touch up on the back glass.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Thanks so much Ralph67, I should have pulled the bands and inspected earlier, I wouldn't have wasted so much time. Thank you for the advise, I am going to try the heat gun on them, I did it a little to the slingshot plastic where the kicker is and it worked well but it would be nice to get the warping out of them. And thank you for the compliment, I love breathing new life into the old EM's I haven't owned one in years.

#13 8 years ago

Dr_of_Style thank you for the idea, I did them all with a heat gun in between two pieces of wood. I put wax paper under them and over them and then a few paving stones on top of the upper wood. It worked pretty good, the sling shots came out perfect, but I tried to do the other 5 of them together and they cooled a little quicker so they look good but could have been perfect. I will have to try you way, seem like a great way to get them all perfectly flat.

#15 8 years ago

Ralph67 exactly, I would watch them like a hawk, I worked so careful on them, when I heated then and placed the wood over them. I figured the wax paper would help to protect, and not stick. Last thing I wanted was to melt the plastic, when only like 900 were made and the plastics will not be available.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molokovellocet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1961-williams-ten-spot-score-reel-1-point-relay-stuck?tu=molokovellocet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.