2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dhutton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

My daughter bought (cheaply, too), a '61 Viking shuffle. I've got it up and running; the previous owner had replaced the fluorescent light in the hood with an undercabinet kitchen-style fluorescent. I know the chances of finding the proper light are miniscule, but if anyone has this era bowler, and is willing to take a pic of the light and send it to me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

#2 2 years ago

Cosnider replacing the florescent bulbs in the pin hood with color changing LED strips. About $20 on amazon. There should be 120v ac in the hood to powere the fluorescent bulbs that you can use to power the LED controller.

#3 2 years ago

I may go that way, thanks for the suggestion. But I'd like to see if I could source something close to the original first.

1 week later
    #4 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Cosnider replacing the florescent bulbs in the pin hood with color changing LED strips. About $20 on amazon. There should be 120v ac in the hood to powere the fluorescent bulbs that you can use to power the LED controller.

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Gonne have to look into this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1961-united-viking-shuffle-bowler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.