Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rolf_martin_062
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1226 (resized).JPG
IMG_1227 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys/gals,I'm a first time poster so first of all thank you for letting me be a part of the forum. This is my second machine but my first EM so I'm learning as I go so with that being said, Please pardon my ignorance. Anyway..
So machine will not start,start relay won't engage when start button is pushed. The armature looks correct and clean and the start relay ohms over 3. Credit wheel shows credits and score reels are all at 0000. If I rotate the score motor I can get the coin chute and replay relays to engage and illuminate the door and backglass
Initially the game would start but play field would go dead mid game
I've replaced the obvious problems it had right off the bat: 110v hold relay, 30v hold, power cord, bell knocker solenoid
I'm assuming I'm overlooking something simple. Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

You'd need to check the circuit that includes the start/credit button switch... Do you have a schematic for the machine? If you have a multimeter, you can check to see if there is voltage at the start/credit button switch...

#3 3 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have a schematic. I'm only getting 5v at door start switch.

#4 3 years ago

Ok by turning the score wheel I can restablish 120v back to start switch. When I push switch only replay button relay and coin chute relay engage. Testing further.....

#5 3 years ago

Start relay ohm'd 2.8. I get .5 volts to it when I press the start button

#7 3 years ago

Yes I have, thanks. Where I'm getting confused is why the replay and coin chute relays engage. I've not seen anywhere that this is supposed to happen in start up. Just from switch to start relay

#8 3 years ago

Have you tried to manually engage the start relay?

#9 3 years ago

Yes, it does nothing. No power at relay bank

#10 3 years ago

Yes, it does nothing

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

You'd need to check the circuit that includes the start/credit button switch... Do you have a schematic for the machine? If you have a multimeter, you can check to see if there is voltage at the start/credit button switch...

I finally located and ordered a schematic. Any ideas in the mean time?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Samwerm:

Where I'm getting confused is why the replay and coin chute relays engage.

If someone did a freeplay mod this might happen. Any wiring look non-standard? Notes written inside the cabinet or backbox anywhere?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If someone did a freeplay mod this might happen. Any wiring look non-standard? Notes written inside the cabinet or backbox anywhere?

Yes there are some non braided newer wires. They don't go to those relays though. When I get home I'll trace those
No notes anywhere
When I first got it home, it would start game but play field would die mid game. So I replaced hold relays. 120v was bad for sure. After that it did start game once then died mid game again. Neither 120v or start relays will even manually engage now

#14 3 years ago

Anyone have any ideas?

#15 3 years ago

The

Quoted from Samwerm:I finally located and ordered a schematic. Any ideas in the mean time?

The schematic will make it so much easier that it's really not worth speculating.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The

The schematic will make it so much easier that it's really not worth speculating.

I have the schematic now but can't make much of it. I'm used to ladder diagrams

#17 3 years ago

Locate the credit/start button switch on the schematic and look at the lines coming off the switch. One line will head toward a coil and there be a variety of switches in between those two points. Then look at the other line from the switch that will be coming from the transformer. This will also have a variety of switches between those two points.

Most schematics show how the switches are set when the game has already been reset, on ball number one, with the ball in the shooter lane ready to play. You will see normally open switches (NO) and normally closed switches (NC) in the circuits that include the credit/start button switch. The idea is to examine those switches in those circuits to see why the credit/start button isn't working.

You can always post an image of the circuits from the schematic here, and we can show you how to read that part of the schematic...

#18 3 years ago

Locate the credit/start button switch on the schematic and look at the lines coming off the switch. One line will head toward a coil and there be a variety of switches in between those two points. Then look at the other line from the switch that will be coming from the transformer. This will also have a variety of switches between those two points.
Most schematics show how the switches are set when the game has already been reset, on ball number one, with the ball in the shooter lane ready to play. You will see normally open switches (NO) and normally closed switches (NC) in the circuits that include the credit/start button switch. The idea is to examine those switches in those circuits to see why the credit/start button isn't working.
You can always post an image of the circuits from the schematic here, and we can show you how to read that part of the schematic...

Ok here it is. I can now get the replay and coin chute relays to energize but nothing beyond that. Thank you

IMG_1227 (resized).JPG

IMG_1226 (resized).JPG

#19 3 years ago

The start circuit includes the E relay coil, which is either part of the coin relay or start relay. Check the legend on the schematic to see what the E coil is labeled as. Since this start circuit is on the 120 volt side, be very careful when working on the machine. All adjustments to any switches should be done with the power off and the line cord unplugged.

First you can try to manually press in the E relay to see if this relay will start the reset process.

For the non-working start/credit button, look at the following:

Make sure the start/credit button switch is clean and adjusted properly
Make sure credits are showing on the credit reel
Make sure the zero replay unit switch is clean and adjusted properly - switch on the credit reel unit with the wine?/slate/orange wire and brown wire (check the color code for "WN")

#20 3 years ago

The start circuit includes the E relay coil, which is either part of the coin relay or start relay. Check the legend on the schematic to see what the E coil is labeled as. Since this start circuit is on the 120 volt side, be very careful when working on the machine. All adjustments to any switches should be done with the power off and the line cord unplugged.
First you can try to manually press in the E relay to see if this relay will start the reset process.
For the non-working start/credit button, look at the following:
Make sure the start/credit button switch is clean and adjusted properly
Make sure credits are showing on the credit reel
Make sure the zero replay unit switch is clean and adjusted properly - switch on the credit reel unit with the wine?/slate/orange wire and brown wire (check the color code for "WN")

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep you posted

#21 3 years ago

Hi Sam
what exactly is (post-18) "I can now get the Replay and the Coin Chute Relay to energize" ---manually or by pressing the Replay Button ?

Do You have papertags in the pin telling the name of the relays ? Is "GB-Relay" the FIRST-Ball-Relay ? I do not see the wiring of GB-Relay in Your snippets.
When You toggle-on the pin: Does the First-Ball-Relay pulls / plunges ?

Is the SB-Relay named "SB-Start-Relay" ? - "post-18, second JPG, almost on top:" I see the SB-Relay --- to have it pull-in /plunge: The GB-Relay must be active / actuated - as the H-Relay in Your pin is pulling --- is the H-Relay pulling ? Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 26.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 26.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 15.00
Electronics
PIN-UPS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside