• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by paulace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Corral (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've been working on a friend's Gottlieb "Corral" and I'm trying to understand if the scoring is working correctly. There are the numbers 1 - 10 (latched relays) scattered around the playfield under the rollovers, and the idea is to hit (or roll over) them all. If you do that, you start getting credits. As it's working now, once all the numbers are lit, every rollover is giving me a credit, but no score. Other pf objects still score - pop bumpers, the dead bumper, all the other pf switches - it's just the rollovers that give no score, but do give a credit. I'm looking at the schematic, trying to figure out if that's correct. If there's anyone out there who's familiar with the game, would you be willing to tell me if that's the way the game is supposed to operate. The instruction card is a little vague:

"Hitting number 1 to 10 scores 1 replay and lights each number for additional replays." Does that mean no point scoring from the rollovers?

The reason I'm asking is because it came to me a bit of a mess, with lots of broken solder joints and one wire completely missing from a big bank of relays attached to the underside of the pf. I think I have the wires replaced and/or re-soldered to the correct switch tabs, but some verification would be nice. It seems to work correctly otherwise.

I think this is the relevant part of the schematic, and thanks in advance:

Corral (resized).JPGCorral (resized).JPG

Oh, and as a follow-up question, can anyone explain to me what that rollover button control adjustment does, or how it works? I'm looking at the schematic and it's not making sense to me. It's is series with the F relay. Thanks again.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you, flipit - so this machine is working correctly then. Good, that means I got all the wires re-attached at the correct places.

Many thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1961-gottlieb-corral?tu=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.