Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0723191625 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb Shooter (resized).jpg
0720191101b (resized).jpg
0720191101a (resized).jpg
0720191101 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Your shooter spring does not look original either. I'd get one of those also. (A-348)

And you will need a c-clip to hold the shooter spring in position. (5133-37) but you can get this at the hardware store.

May as well get a new barrel spring (A-347) while you are at it.

And I always put an eyelet(17596) on mine these days. I believe it is brass or bronze and is more durable for the sliding action between the spring and plunger shaft.

And the plunger is there also in case you decide to just replace it. All of the above will have your shooter running like a champ. Keep in mind the diagram below is for a Gottlieb shooter but the parts I referenced will work correctly for your game.

Gottlieb Shooter (resized).jpgGottlieb Shooter (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Who said you could spend my money!!!

Stand too close to me and you will be poor quickly. But your game will play well.

Like Stoomer said, usually you can grind the flares away and clean up the tip and be good to go with the original plunger. You have to grind/file away the flares anyway just to remove it from the shooter housing. I've never had one so mushroomed that it was too short to go back in the game.

The deciding factor for me to keep or replace, assuming it is still long enough, is if the plating is worn away on the shaft. If it is still intact I chuck it in a cordless drill and polish the heck out of it with Mothers Mag Polish and it is good to go. Even with the best cleanest outcome I apply a drop or two of Tri Flow teflon lube on the plunger shaft. That will give you fast clean action.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1960s-williams-shooter-rod-tip?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.